Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

PS4 at the moment.   

en.wikipedia.org/hubris

Microsoft should have probably paid attention to how Sony behaved during the transition from PS2 to PS3.  Just because people bought your last console doesn't mean that they will automatically buy your next one, there are multiple examples of that in this industry. 

I think i'm going to get an Xbox - Has better games for me (Halo, Dead Rising, Titanfall) Specially if that's the route which the people I play with go. 

I'd consider a PS4 but I do genuinely despise the control pads, and the non-official Xbox pads are nothing like the original ones.

Part of me really hates the "connect every 24hours" and DRM thing.... but that's really just not going to effect me that much.

So yeah, Xbox for me, but I can totally understand why others wouldn't get one. 

(1) No DRM

(2) No internet connection requirement
(3) Higher Spec
(4) Upgradable Hard Drive
(5) Region Free
(6) 100 quid Cheaper

Sony's machine appears to win in virtually every key department and just from a moral point of view- gamers just want to play games, share games, play easily with mates and Sony, undoubtedly after learning the hard way have really picked it up over the last couple of years and I think they're giving the world an extremely healthy gaming machine with minimal bullshit. 

• Like 4

I think i'm going to get an Xbox - Has better games for me (Halo, Dead Rising, Titanfall) Specially if that's the route which the people I play with go. 

I'd consider a PS4 but I do genuinely despise the control pads, and the non-official Xbox pads are nothing like the original ones.

Part of me really hates the "connect every 24hours" and DRM thing.... but that's really just not going to effect me that much.

You can buy an adapter that lets you use your official Xbox WIRED controller with your PS3. You can also buy an official Xbox 360 shaped wireless controller and have it built to work with your PS3.

The controller thing is weird for me.   I preferred the Xbox one when I played my Xbox a lot, but I went through a phase of playing a ton of games on my PS3 around the time that Batman and Red Dead came out and I guess because I got so used to holding the controller I suddenly found myself preferring the dualshock. 

PS4 is objectively better. It's a slightly more powerful device, at a significantly lower price, with much less anti-consumer DRM restrictions in place. And it doesn't have a built in webcam for the NSA to watch you in your own home (Wahey, topical!). Unless the controller is a huge problem for you, or the smaller nubmer of Xbox exclusives are games you can't live without, there's no reason to buy an Xbone.

My main problem is I just don't trust Sony. They took out OtherOS, they could easily patch in used-game DRM in the future. Will they do it anytime soon? Probably not, but I wouldn't put it past them.

We should have neither/both options! And *snigger* the Wii U.

Edited by Davkaus

You can buy an adapter that lets you use your official Xbox WIRED controller with your PS3. You can also buy an official Xbox 360 shaped wireless controller and have it built to work with your PS3.

I didn't know that! That's interesting! If that's available in the next-gen then I may consider my options. 

Not to mention they've changed the controllers for the ps4 so they are now quite a bit larger.

Edited by djdabush
  • Like 1

Hearing rumours that PS4 will be £350 while xbox will be £425 ? Seems quite cheap considering they're going to be brand new. But still pisses me off that xbox always has to be the higher price.

I've went Sega (Mega Drive) > PS1 > PS2 > Xbox 360 > PS3 > Xbox 360 > PS3 (And yes that means I sold the console(s) then rebought it )

I haven't did my research on neither so i'm open to any of the offers tbh.

Hearing rumours that PS4 will be £350 while xbox will be £425 ? Seems quite cheap considering they're going to be brand new. But still pisses me off that xbox always has to be the higher price.

Prices are confirmed, PS4 is £349 and the Xbox One is £429.   I'm not sure where your claim that the Xbox always had to be the higher price comes from though, the 360 was cheaper than the PS3. 

Â