Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

Is the Kinect really good enough to substitute a headset? That automatically means having your friends voices coming through TV speakers which i've always found to be terrible. Hmm.... silly move. 

From my experiance with the current Kinect, no. Because most of the people have the censor near the TV, the amount of echo from the game and peoples voices is crazy. I mute everyone i know who uses the Kinect as their headset.

How many people are just going to **** with people and shouting "Xbox off" in game lobby's? My sisters husband said his Kinect was going crazy during the E3 conference because the Kinect would respond to the guy shouting The "Xbox" command.

Edited by Daniel

Is the Kinect really good enough to substitute a headset? That automatically means having your friends voices coming through TV speakers which i've always found to be terrible. Hmm.... silly move. 

From my experiance with the current Kinect, no. Because most of the people have the censor near the TV, the amount of echo from the game and peoples voices is crazy. I mute everyone i know who uses the Kinect as their headset.

How many people are just going to **** with people and shouting "Xbox off" in game lobby's? My sisters husband said his Kinect was going crazy during the E3 conference because the Kinect would respond to the guy shouting The "Xbox" command.

haha... I hadn't thought of that. It's meant to be reliable with recognising your voice but I'm not so sure about that without seeing it in the flesh.

Does the PS4 come with a headset?

Edited by PieFacE

haha... I hadn't thought of that. It's meant to be reliable with recognising your voice but I'm not so sure about that without seeing it in the flesh.

Does the PS4 come with a headset?

Yeah, it does. It's only a little in ear one, but it something, plus people current Turtle beaches, Trittons or whatever you use will work fine.

yeah, if anyone has ever worked in a call centre, that's the kind of headset the PS4 comes with. it's a mono thing that plugs into the controller.

But what does that have to do with the PS4?

It's made by the same people, usually something I use to go by.

If you're referring to the update recently that was bricking the system, that's been pulled.

The updates your system would require are the normal working ones.      

So, what, I have to reverse update the system? How do I do that exactly?

Edited by kurtsimonw

Between Windows 8 and this, it's like all of the different MS divisions have a running bet to see who can lose enough money for Ballmer to be shitcanned.

Edited by Davkaus

I think Microsoft backtracked on their pre owned games and connection to the internet every 24 hours. However I still voted PS4 to replace my 360.

Really though I am just patiently waiting for the Steam Box console to be released. That will render both the Xbox and PS pointless (with the exception of niche games created solely for and by the console owners e.g. Gran Turismo / Halo etc.) in my personal opinion - until they catch up with Steam. I think both companies (Microsoft and Sony) should be very worried right now about the Steam Box.

I'm not so sure. There's nowhere near enough games on Steam that properly support their 'big picture' mode, and I don't think they'll be able to sell a box that can run games at the same quality as the new consoles at the same price. Unless they offer it a few years from now part way  through the next console generation. And have a HL3 exclusive.

Just go to "check for updates" and it should let you download the right one.

But the update it forced me to get when I went to play Last of Us means that I can not get on the PS3. It's a black screen.

I'm not so sure. There's nowhere near enough games on Steam that properly support their 'big picture' mode, and I don't think they'll be able to sell a box that can run games at the same quality as the new consoles at the same price. Unless they offer it a few years from now part way  through the next console generation. And have a HL3 exclusive.

HL3 exclusive is a complete game winner agreed.

In all honesty I don't think it is. The PS3 (and PS2 and PS1) were very Japanese machines and that Japanese design ethic of custom hardware and not realising people might want to play online cost Sony dearly for the first three or four years of the PS3's shelf life.    The PS4 seems to be very much the work of Sony Europe and Sony America.  

But the update it forced me to get when I went to play Last of Us means that I can not get on the PS3. It's a black screen.

Oh, so it's a Last of Us update that's caused the problem? Might be a known issue, I haven't put Last of Us on this week, so haven't had to update since it recently, nor the PS3 for that matter.

In all honesty I don't think it is. The PS3 (and PS2 and PS1) were very Japanese machines and that Japanese design ethic of custom hardware and not realising people might want to play online cost Sony dearly for the first three or four years of the PS3's shelf life.    The PS4 seems to be very much the work of Sony Europe and Sony America.  

I think the Ps4 is releasing in America first isn't it? When it's usually Japan and such, so it kind of backs it up.

Edited by Daniel

Always preferred the xbox and thats probably what i will be getting again although i havent done much research, not getting into this time i remember the whole ps3 vs 360 stuff people literally bitched at each other for years on forums about which ones best and im sure the same things going on now? :D

Oh, so it's a Last of Us update that's caused the problem? Might be a known issue, I haven't put Last of Us on this week, so haven't had to update since it recently, nor the PS3 for that matter.

No it's a PS3 update I think. Enforce I could even try and play Last of Us it asked me to update the PS3 and just **** it. Oh well, we'll see.

That sucks, man. Sounds like you have got the dodgy update on your system. Here's some info I found that might help

After the update my ps3 would turn on but wouldn't load anything on the screen, just blank screen. I normally use HDMi output, but I also stream games so I keep my composite cables plugged in as well since I have a crappy capture card. I removed the hdmi cable from the back and did a reset of the display settings, then booted the system back up using the composite cables which worked fine. However I still couldn't switch it to HDMi without it displaying nothing again, so I restarted the system in safe mode and ran had the system automatically repair broken system files. When that was done I unplugged the HDMi cable from the TV, plugged it back in, and plugged the other end back into the PS3. When I restarted it the HDMi worked, the PS3 found some broken system files and repaired them, and everything was aces from there.

From a GameFAQs thread

Â