Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

There are two reasons to go for one of the consoles

1) You want to play with friends who only have consoles

2) You prefer console exclusives to PC exclusives.

I'd go for the PC, but then, I have a PS3 and 360 neither of which have been turned on for 2+ years. Different strokes, etc, etc.

Edited by Davkaus

you'd have to go a long way to convince me that pc gaming is less hassle

wrong or not it'll never shake that tag in my mind, I've experienced too many ball aches over decent / good pcs not being as good as they need to be

I've even had huge problems with my steam account so im not overly sold on that either, I just want to stick a disc in and away I go

I don't understand really. Surely Sony and Microsoft want people to buy direct from them. Cutting out the middleman (Retail shops) and maximizing profits? Why don't they make their online price cheaper than retail (even if it's by £3), so everyone will buy from them direct? 

Historically, major chains have threatened not to carry the consoles if their digital download prices undercut bricks and mortar prices. Stores make SFA from consoles, so rely on game/accessory sales to make carrying them worth their while

looks like MS want to emphasise the difference between PSN+ and games for gold this month -

PSN+ - resogun (ps4) contrast (ps4) grid 2 (ps3) guacamelee (ps3 + vita) sonic all star racing (vita) GTA LC stories (vita)

G4G - gears of war, shoot many robots

they're seriously giving away a 7 year old (£5 at best) game as an incentive? that doesn't take in to account the other games already available on PSN+ either

• 1 month later...

january "free" games - 

games with gold - lara croft and sleeping dogs

PSN+ - bioshock infinite, brothers and DMC (PS3) dont starve (PS4) worms battle island and as smart as (vita)

better from MS but sony are still smashing it

• 1 month later...

Just read on FB that MGS V will be 1080p 60FPS on PS4, and 720p 60FPS on the XBO

What the hell were MS thinking with the XBO? They've made the console underpowered to be able to add in stuff like Kinect, TV and Snap that most people don't care about and probably won't use, and the result is every multiplatform game will run a lot worse/look worse than its competitor.

I think they've seriously **** up and underestimated what people want from a games console. Removing Kinect and making it the same price as the PS4 won't fix it because the console is still so underpowered. I can see them bringing out a new console in 3/4 years as I think the XBO is doomed already.

Just read on FB that MGS V will be 1080p 60FPS on PS4, and 720p 60FPS on the XBO

What the hell were MS thinking with the XBO? They've made the console underpowered to be able to add in stuff like Kinect, TV and Snap that most people don't care about and probably won't use, and the result is every multiplatform game will run a lot worse/look worse than its competitor.

I think they've seriously **** up and underestimated what people want from a games console. Removing Kinect and making it the same price as the PS4 won't fix it because the console is still so underpowered. I can see them bringing out a new console in 3/4 years as I think the XBO is doomed already.

I'd hardly say that it is doomed, but clearly it is a worry for the future if it is already having problems rendering games at 1080p.

I do still question whether it will improve over time when more developers get to grips with it, being as games like Ryse and Forza run at 1080p no problem.

We'll see I guess, I am glad that Kojima and co opted for 60fps though rather than 1080p/30fps.

I think in time all games will be 1080p/60FPS on both platforms. It appears it's the ESRAM which is causing developers issues with the Xbone. Once developers have been using it for some time it will get easier. 

It's almost like a role reversal of last gen when the PS3 was harder to program for than the Xbox. I think the Xbone is just harder to program for than the PS4 this generation. Sony learnt a valuable lesson last gen, I guess M$ are making the same mistake Sony did.

Edited by PieFacE

Some worldwide sales figures - PS4 on 5.3m as of 08/02/14, with XBONE on 3.9m as of 24/01/14. The Japanese release of the PS4 is this Saturday - mostly because they like handhelds more, with home consoles being in steady decline for some years. It's sure to bolster the figures in Sony's favour in any case.

Edited by hogso

Â