Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

I generally try to stay neutral, but must say I find people's loyalty to Microsoft pretty baffling after everything that has gone on.... (and will continue to go on in the future by supporting them.) I'd be worried about how serious they actually are with this console generation considering how sloppily they presented the machine, how they've been more interested in focusing on things the machine can do other than play games and how only marketing to US/Canada and certain parts of Europe will affect the machine long term. Lots of question marks for me.

I'm going to be waiting till next year myself. If I had to choose now it would be the ps4, I do believe Sony has the gamers best interest in mind. I do have a 360 now, had ps2 before that so brand loyalty doesn't exist with me

Why? The PS4 more powerful, costs less and Sony don't appear to be as big a bunch of words removed as Microsoft.

1. More friends are getting the xbox and online gaming is about 80% of my gaming.

2. Based on my personal experience with Sony re: the update **** my console and them saying I have to pay for a replacement means they are a bunch of tossers. Never had anything but positive support frrom MS.

3. 360 was great and the PS3 was really shit, cant fork out £350 for something that's a massive "?" for me. At least I know the 360 was brilliant and most likely this will be an upgrade.

But then the PS2 and PS1 were amazing, so Sony have a good strike rate.  Maybe the Xbone is Microsoft's difficult third album?   I still can't get past all the bullshit they initially decided to bundle with their new console.  They showed their intent with the announcement and combine that with their recent cosiness with the NSA and PRISM and I just can't find it in myself to give them any more of my money. 

3. 360 was great and the PS3 was really shit, cant fork out £350 for something that's a massive "?" for me. At least I know the 360 was brilliant and most likely this will be an upgrade.

Huh? How do you work that one out?

• Like 1

Also a neutral. Went through both a PS3 + 360. Both great in their own way. One thing about the PS3 I will say the connection speeds on a game like Fifa was delayed by a split second when you would play online. Going from a perfect connection on the 360 that niggled me. I appreciate the online was free but what does this mean I should expect with a PS4?

Argh. My gold just ran out on my 360. **** it I might just buy some more subscription and wait for all of this to blow over...

shaun-of-the-dead2.jpg

Edited by Warnock

Huh? How do you work that one out?

By the fact I've spent an unhealthy amount of time on the 360 and probably not reached the 100 hour mark on the PS3. It's a very poor console in my opinion. Spent more time on the Wii to be honest.

@Rev. I've really not looked into all that stuff to be honest. Some people are obviously bothered about it and that's fine. My only gripe was the pre-owned games thing which they've now kicked out. All the other stuff I didn't really care so much about.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Well 2 x Xbones pre-ordered in my house. Never any doubt and the youngest has a PS3 which was bought to 'replace' his 360. He abandoned it in weeks and went back to the 360. I have raised the MS issues with them but they never waivered and now the u-turns have happened they feel justified! For whatever reason Sony has never attracted them?

It's the other stuff you should be more concerned about if truth be told.  It's almost Orwellian.

Most people on VT are probably sat using laptops with built in cameras to be fair.

Indeed. And when they turn them off, they'd be horrified if the camera and microphone still worked.
  • Like 2

It's the other stuff you should be more concerned about if truth be told.  It's almost Orwellian.

Most people on VT are probably sat using laptops with built in cameras to be fair.

Indeed. And when they turn them off, they'd be horrified if the camera and microphone still worked.

So is that what the deal was (is?) with the Kinect then?  I'm not enough of a gaming boff to really know too much about all this.  I only play FIFA, RDR and GTA.  I'm not really "into" it any more.

Well 2 x Xbones pre-ordered in my house. Never any doubt and the youngest has a PS3 which was bought to 'replace' his 360. He abandoned it in weeks and went back to the 360. I have raised the MS issues with them but they never waivered and now the u-turns have happened they feel justified! For whatever reason Sony has never attracted them?

My nephew and mates are all the same. I was 100% for the Ps4 after being with Xbox 360. Now that Ms has changed their stupid ideas, i've pre ordered the Xbox.

The biggest problem/s with the Xbox one was the Price, Kinect always plugged in and the pre owned games shit. They have removed most of that shit, so i'm more than happy getting one.

So is that what the deal was (is?) with the Kinect then?  I'm not enough of a gaming boff to really know too much about all this.  I only play FIFA, RDR and GTA.  I'm not really "into" it any more.

I'm not sure the camera works when the console is off. But the microphone does, because it's always listening for you to say "Xbox On" to bring it back on. 

Whether anyone is listening and M$ are recording whats being said is a different matter. 

Edited by PieFacE

Yeah, the kinect camera had to always be plugged in for the Xbox to work. The camera was always on and in standby mode listening for "Xbox On" so it could turn the console on Via your voice. With all this shit with Nsa and them paying money to Microsoft for peoples info, everyone got worried that it would be a privacy issue. Microsoft have since said the Kinect doesn't even need to be plugged in anymore.

Â