Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

Has the latest news caused anybody to change their vote? I think I am now smack bang on the fence waiting to see what happens next...

Not yet, still getting the PS4 puely because of price. If they drop the price too...... then I think i'll be playing an Xbox in November.

I wonder if Ms will price drop too?

If they did would you consider buying one?

If they got rid of kinect, and dropped the price to the same level as Sony I think i'd actually buy one.

I don't actually mind Kinect, I've played it at relatives before and it's quite fun, but like the Wii it's only good for occasions. My daughter would probably like it when she's older too

But it's not worth paying another £80 for. If they drop the price to £375 then it's 50/50 again for me

Has the latest news caused anybody to change their vote? I think I am now smack bang on the fence waiting to see what happens next...

Nah, my mind's made up.  I'm kinda looking forward to having a PlayStation again anyways, haven't had one since my old PS1 (which I still have squirreled away).

Just watched this... and thought he made a few good points, even though he comes across as a bit of a dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29gPi6UWjgk

Villarule - for what it's worth, I don't actually mind the Kinect thing either. I highly doubt it's going to be spying on you like some seem to suggest. I just have a problem with it being a necessity for the Xbox to work, as the Kinect is probably the thing that is making the Xbox more expensive. I'd rather just ditch the kinect and buy the console for £350.

Edited by PieFacE

But he glosses over or misses the point of what if your internet is down? I've gone without a connection for a week before the ISP sorted themselves out again. Its a bit of a problem in the UK I reckon where our service isn't quite up to scratch.

I think even if you took all the dodgy xbox things out I'd still go with PS4.

Not through any fan boy preference, just purely because these days I hardly ever touch my xbox. Everything I play seems to be on the PS3 and I use it for Blu Rays so it just gets used all the time. Xbox gets touched occasionally to play Gears of War and Minecraft.

So I'd (rightly or wrongly) assume that trend would continue and plump for the PS4

5 months is a long time. 2 days ago Sony were the good guys and MS were evil, today Sony are the evil ones for bricking loads of PS3s and MS are nearly sold out of their pre order allocation for the XB1.

and, well done xbox for listening.  

Consumerism ftw.

Well, not exactly. They changed it cos they knew that pre-order figures would be higher if they did this. The we listen to you and we care about you thing is just bullshit. If they did they wouldn't have tried it in the first place, would they?

• Like 1

and, well done xbox for listening.  

Consumerism ftw.

Well, not exactly. They changed it cos they knew that pre-order figures would be higher if they did this. The we listen to you and we care about you thing is just bullshit. If they did they wouldn't have tried it in the first place, would they?

Exactly. I don't trust any big corporation such as Sony or Microsoft BUT Sony didn't try to implement these draconian measures in the first place. They may have discussed it but it didn't make the final draft. This is just MS protecting their angry shareholders not 'listening to the customer'. 

Edited by Ingram85

Villarule - for what it's worth, I don't actually mind the Kinect thing either. I highly doubt it's going to be spying on you like some seem to suggest. I just have a problem with it being a necessity for the Xbox to work, as the Kinect is probably the thing that is making the Xbox more expensive. I'd rather just ditch the kinect and buy the console for £350.

Have you read about PRISM over the past few weeks? Did you see who the first commercial participant was?

• Like 1

Â