Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

There are far, far more PS3 owners than Xbox 360 owners globally

Admittedly it's wiki, but the figures say there's 7m more 360 owners.

No it doesnt. It says there were 7m more 360s sold...

RROD.

Amazon pole on what peoples buying intentions will be:

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

RROD.

That is still a positive for Microsoft :P

Edited by LondonLax

We are in a weird place here in the UK (and Ireland I guess) because our games coverage tends to be dominated by  North American outlets, most of them are based in San Francisco and out there it is certainly true that the Xbox is killing the PS3 and that tends to be reflected in the coverage we get, even if we know it is untrue.  

It is similar to when they say Madden is the biggest sports game in the world when sales figures show that FIFA usually sells twice as many copies globally. 

Amazon pole on what peoples buying intentions will be:

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

RROD.

That is still a positive for Microsoft :P

Clever business model to be fair, making your customers buy your console multiple times :P

Just had a look at the actual sales figures, and globally the PS3 is actually about 100,000 units ahead of the Xbox 360 as of June 1st. So given the level of RROD problems, I'd put that real world figure at about 12m more PS3 owners than Xbox 360 owners, which is quite big

I don't think it'd be that big a gap. That means 1 in 6 people buys multiple consoles, I'd be surprised if it were that high.

I was looking at some pre-orders, £55 for a game? I'm going to get PS4 of the 2, but I may just avoid both unless I can get pre-owned game cheap, £55 to play a game is just silly.

I don't think it'd be that big a gap. That means 1 in 6 people buys multiple consoles, I'd be surprised if it were that high.

I was looking at some pre-orders, £55 for a game? I'm going to get PS4 of the 2, but I may just avoid both unless I can get pre-owned game cheap, £55 to play a game is just silly.

I've had 5 Xbox 360s, out of a quick tally of the 62 people I know with Xbox 360s, all but 2 have had to buy (most more than once) again due to RROD, and there were widespread reports that at one point the failure rate was 40-50% in the earlier devices. It's DEFINITELY higher than you think

That's odd. I have an Xbox and whilst I did get a RROD a few years back I just emailed Microsoft and they sent me a carry box with a mailing stamp. I sent it away and the Xbox was returned a week later with some free Xbox live vouchers. I haven't had an issue with it since.

I had 4 PS3s within the first 18 months :D

Haven't had a problem with the 4th though.

Still prefer it over my XBox. Got a RROD on that too but fixed it with one of those kits you can buy on ebay. Works fine now (albeit a bit more noisily)

Similar to Stevo, I've had 2 PS3's (first one still works, but it's the Blu-Ray drive that's gone), and the original Xbox 360 I bought on the cheap (no HDMI!) had RROD and I fixed it myself. Still works now. Had two PS2's, the second of which still works, and one PS1, which, you guessed it, is A-OK :D And my Dreamcast. And my SNES. I'd like to add my original Game Boy to that list too, but it hasn't been switched on for YEARS. I haven't bothered buying batteries for it to see if it would work, as my enduring memory of the thing is that it got through batteries stupidly fast.

I've actually bought 3 PS3s myself, but none have broken, and I'm sure there are others like me who've bought multiples, so neither sales figure equates to actual number of owners - it's just that there are more people who've bought multiple Xbox 360s than PS3s

I never had a red ring with either of my 2 consoles, had my first between 07 and 2009, then 2010 to the present

No RROD but still 2 separate consoles though. I've only had 2 RROD machines myself, one was JTAG so no complaints there, and the other I still reckon my brother killed it

XboxOne for me, not to bothered about all the tv stuff, I've only brought about 3 second hand games in about 4 years of having my 360 so the second hand rental thing doesn't really apply to me either, all my mates have 360's and I know quite a few are carrying on with the XboxOne so for me there's no need to jump ship....

Â