Xbox One or PS4?

Genie

XBox One or PS4  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Now that we know a bit about what each console is going to offer, which are you most likely to buy?

• Microsoft Xbox One
    • Sony PS4

Do people think the damage is already done now? I still think the price is still the biggest decider for me.

Probably, but this will claw things back quite a lot.   I don't doubt for a second that Microsoft have been shocked at how big the backlash was against the Xbox One in the last week or two.  The PRISM scandal couldn't have came at a worse time for them either, I mean how many people are going to want an always on microphone and camera permanently connected to the internet in their house? Even if they only had good intentions for it they were crazy if they thought people would believe them.    

I'm sure they have been pouring over blogs and prominent gaming forums since E3 and have seen just how hard people have swung towards Sony. Just look at our little poll, which seemed fairly typical of everywhere.   The DRM had to go if Microsoft wanted to look consumer friendly.  It will come back, it will be introduced slowly on a game by game basis over the next few years but in the short to medium term Microsoft's job is to get their machine into peoples houses and not scare the shit out of the very people they hope to sell it to.

It had made me ponder slightly, because I love Halo and Forza.. but I think the damage is already done, and it's £80 more.

I wish they didn't change their mind though, because it was the easiest decision I would have ever made

It had made me ponder slightly, because I love Halo and Forza.. but I think the damage is already done, and it's £80 more.

I wish they didn't change their mind though, because it was the easiest decision I would have ever made

I agree. Halo & Titanfall. :(

But what will stop M$ from introducing the DRM stuff further down the line? Are they really going to go the whole of the next-gen cycle without introducing an online check? I doubt it. 

Nothing has changed. There'll be no DRM at launch, it'll be on almost every game within a year of launch.

The Kinect camera and mic is still always on.

• Like 1

The fact that they put the restrictions in place in the first place means they'll more than likely going to bring them back in the future, and it's still €100 more. Don't feel any different toward the Xbox now, still not getting it.

i love fanboys, seen comments suggesting that this is a victory for MS and a huge mistake by sony and PS fans as they have pushed too far...

the initial online registration thing still suggests that those outside the regions highlighted a few pages back are still ****, poor old poland...

Do people think the damage is already done now? I still think the price is still the biggest decider for me.

That's it for me. I really didn't care much about the DRM (no idea what that is), the kinect, or that I had to be connected to the internet. I didn't necessarily like those things but they wouldn't have stopped me from buying it. I didn't however like that they didn't support used games, but ultimately the price is too steep for me. The reason I got the 360 was because it was cheaper. Now I will be getting the PS4 solely because it is cheaper. 

Enormous u-turn. A majorly embarrassing one too. I still think it'll come back, though, perhaps at a midcycle refresh. And the Kinect crap should be a deal breaker for everyone.

In relation to Giantbomb/Klepek, he has gone in for link bait before now, incidentally. He went in hard on feminism stuff when it garnered one of the highest reactions for any text published on the site, in quite pathetically cynical fashion.

Enormous u-turn. A majorly embarrassing one too. I still think it'll come back, though, perhaps at a midcycle refresh. And the Kinect crap should be a deal breaker for everyone.

They can bring it in game  by game though, and blame the developers for asking for it.

This almost certainly means I lose my bet. Still time for another u-turn or two yet though.

I wonder if Ms will price drop too?

If they did would you consider buying one?

If they got rid of kinect, and dropped the price to the same level as Sony I think i'd actually buy one. 

Â