What other clubs do you support?

nepal_villan

I like Preston North End. Cousin's team and a good traditional club, one of the founder members of the football league. Try to get to at least 1 game a season, been to Wembley with them before as well for the play-off final, but they lost 1-0 to the Happy Hammers thanks to a goal from our former striker 'The Hare'.

The daggers - Dagenham and Redbridge.

Sort of the local team (although Orient is now closer), with a link to Walthamstow. Used to have a season ticket, cost about £300, and you can stand at the game. Good little club - or as we like to sing "just a pub team from Essex".

Celtic as it was my grandads team and AC Milan as my dad took me me to the Milan derby when I was little. It was when serie a was a better league and milan had Gullit, Rijkaard and van Basten. It blew my mind and I have followed them ever since and have returned to the san siro on 5 occasions

In the past I've considered who I'd follow, if I decided to follow football in other countries. I'd probably go for teams, from cities that are twinned with Birmingham. Birmingham has six twin cities. They are Chicago (Chicago Fire), Frankfurt (Eintracht Frankfurt), Leipzig (FC Lokomotive Leipzig), Johannesburg (Moroka Swallows), Lyon (Olympique Lyonnais) and Milan (Inter Milan).

Edited by dAVe80

Aston Villa

Whoever is playing against Birmingham City

England

I used to go and watch Nuneaton when the Villa were away, I could walk to their ground from where I lived and it was great.   I lost interest when the chairman sold their stadium for housing and practically moved the team to a Rugby Stadium in Hinckley (the old ground was in the town centre, by the canal, it was prime land I guess...) and I don't even look for their results these days. 

Other than that I like everybody else almost equally.  I don't really care who wins the Champions League as long as they play nice football. I don't particularly hate Chelsea or Manchester United, I don't pick sides between Celtic and Rangers or Barcelona and Madrid.   I guess I'm not a huge fan of Juventus, but they do have a long history of being incredibly massive cheats so I feel I am justified there. 

Edited by The_Rev

I only support Aston Villa, but I favour a couple of other teams in other leagues.

Wolfsburg (a VW thing)

Aberystwyth Town (went to uni there)

I largely hate all other sides.

Edited by Chindie

The mighty shrews, Shrewsbury Town, supported them for many years and if I was just a fraction closer would probably invest in a season ticket. Also been watching Yeovils progress since they were non league.

Same as most, I don't support any other teams but other teams I like...

Arsenal - I've always liked them and now I've developed a soft spot for them since listening regularly to 'The Tuesday Club' podcast.

Leyton Orient - My (future) father-in-law's club so I always went to them to do well.

Shrewsbury Town - For no other reason that I usually start a game with them on Football Manager. And I like the town.

Halesowen Town - Just because I live there.

Aston Villa

Barry Town

Valletta (Malta)

Stafford Rangers

It's only Villa that gives me stress.

It's only Barry where I've been banned for not going to games.

It's only Valletta where I've joined the players on the open top bus to sing 'Birkikara Birkikara Shit! Shit!' after winning the title

It's only Stafford I occassionally lose track of for whole seasons

Do have to admit that I always fancied birmingham city as I thought they have had the best logo in england. They also usually have good design on their kits, and I love me some blue color. Always looks good. I like villa more, but city is pretty close up there.

I actually saw Barca play at home before I saw Villa play at home. Funnily enough I have zero feeling towards the former now.

Â