What other clubs do you support?

nepal_villan

Celtic - I like irish culture, and its a really passionate club.

Celtic is Scottish mate  :P

For me, my first football love is Villa.

While I don't actively support an A-League team, my local team is Melbourne Victory, although I do have a soft-spot for Wellington Phoenix, as most of my childhood was spent in NZ.

I admire Dortmund and Barcelona, and the way they go about their business.

Edited by Ghost

The Villa - obviously.

England National team - when not playing friendlies

Bangor City - it's a other half thing

Chester FC - moved from Bangor where I was at Uni to Chester.

Sporting Clube de Portugal - brother has lived in Lisbon for 10+ years. Oddly, he chose Benfica

How could anyone support anyone other than the magical Aston Villa FC?

Totally insane!

I am 100% not interested in the slightest about any other team in the world & would willingly draw my curtains if anyone of them were playing in my back yard.

eg. When Man Utd played Chelsea in the Champions League final a few years back I switched the TV off cos I really couldn't give a shit about either off them.

Many a time I have unashamedly wept for my beloved Villa & I've no doubt I will do so again. (Tears of joy hopefully)

Villa are my only love. **** all the rest!

y'see, I like football as a whole and whilst Villa are my local team and I've had season tickets and much more to do with Villa than any other club, I realise it's a football club who don't really care much about their fans and care very much about money.  I laugh at people who get tribal about football clubs and when fans moan about their players wanting to move to different clubs and I'm certainly not going to talk to anyone who is as blind as saying 'XXX are the best team in the world' (usually baggies fans in my experience :lol:) and I definitely laugh at people who get football tattoos, you look like a plank.

So whilst I love watching villa do well and have supported them passionately since I've been 5/6, I also like Milan and I can always see the good side to other clubs.

I don't like football fans and their opinion that their team has some god-given right to not lose against a team who is weaker on paper and I'm not going call a player a rocket polisher for scoring past us.  

• Like 1

How could anyone support anyone other than the magical Aston Villa FC?

Totally insane!

I am 100% not interested in the slightest about any other team in the world & would willingly draw my curtains if anyone of them were playing in my back yard.

eg. When Man Utd played Chelsea in the Champions League final a few years back I switched the TV off cos I really couldn't give a shit about either off them.

Many a time I have unashamedly wept for my beloved Villa & I've no doubt I will do so again. (Tears of joy hopefully)

Villa are my only love. **** all the rest!

This standpoint is something I just can not get my head around. You support Villa and no one else which is fine - I tenuously look out for results of a couple of other teams but nothing more. 

But after that, you say that wouldn't watch a football match if it was in your back garden. So in truth, you don't really like football that much? From what I'm reading, if you took away Villa that you just wouldn't like football, no? So are you a football fan or just a Villa fan? Surely anyone who supports a football team has to like football too.

EDIT: It's a bit late and I'm struggling to articulate my point as I'm half asleep, I hope you can understand what I'm trying to get at here. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 2

Seattle Sounders is my local (100 + miles away) professional club so I follow them. I have season tickets for Bellingham United FC, a small amateur team here in town in the Pacific Coast Soccer League. It's a grass roots thing.

Celtic - I like irish culture, and its a really passionate club.

Celtic is Scottish mate  :P

And I don't think Celtic has much support amongst the Scotch-Irish community, either.

I would like to say that I listen out for the Cheltnum' results, but in reality I couldn't even tell you which league they're in.

I do, however, support any English side when they're playing in Europe, Chelsea included. 

you cant support more than 1 club.

obviously the is others you might enjoy watching

Surely this thread would tend to suggest otherwise, n'est-ce pas?

thats the point

thread makes no sense

everyone on here SHOULD a villa fan

yes you can look out for other teams results or players but you can only support Villa

what happens when your 2 clubs play each other?

I'd love it.  I'm desperate for Villa and 'Gladbach to play each other.  And if it were a competitive game, say Europa League or something, then it's win/win.

• Like 1

Back in the 70's we used to holiday in Weymouth quite often... My dad took me to a few of their matches, and having discovered they shared the same colours as Villa, I decided they would be my "second" team...

Wouldn't have a clue what they're up to these days though... Hello wikipedia...

Â