What other clubs do you support?

nepal_villan

Olympique Lyon (France) - Been following them for over a dozen years. My de facto UCL team as Villa are never in it

Machhindra FC (Nepal) - my local club in Nepal

Montreal Impact (MLS) - lived a few years in the USA and was a fan of the MetroStars. Lost interest when RedBull bought and rebranded the club. Started following Montreal when they entered the league as I'm bit of a Francophile (see Lyon)

Botafogo (Brazil) - Had roommates from Brazil that really got me into Brazilian football. Picked a team from Rio as I figured that's the one city I'd definitely visit if I ever made it to Brazil

No one but I want all West Midlands and Midlands clubs to do well and get promoted.

Imagine Villa, Blues, Albion, Wolves, Cov, Stoke, Leicester, Derby and Forest all in the Prem.

• Like 1

I'd preface this by saying that none of the following clubs come even remotely close to the extent that I support Villa.

With that in mind. The next 2 would be Kaiserslautern & Aberdeen. Then Cremonese (don't ask). Colorado Rapids by virtue of me following anything and everything from Colorado (via Broncos). Of the other leagues I have sides I keep an eye on, but 'support' would be too strong a word for it.

No one but I want all West Midlands and Midlands clubs to do well and get promoted.

Imagine Villa, Blues, Albion, Wolves, Cov, Stoke, Leicester, Derby and Forest all in the Prem.

The closest to that would be 2010/11 with Villa, Stoke, Birmingham, Wolves, WBA. 5 of them

And in answer to the thread title, I have a slight thing for Dortmund. Don't support them, dont even follow their results, but I love the club.

Good call. Clubs I admire is another answer altogether. Clubs like St Pauli, Athletic Bilbao or Real Sociedad who do things slightly differently. Even Barcelona with their ethos that runs right through the age groups at their academies.

Borussia Mönchengladbach - local team when I lived in Germany and first started getting into football.  On par with my support for Villa.

Basingstoke Town - hometown team.

There are other teams whose results I'll follow and generally keep myself updated on, though none I'd follow with the same intensity as the above save for maybe Fiorentina where I've been over to Florence for games but don't have any geographic affiliation (that said, nor do I with Birmingham).

i wouldnt say i support them, but there are certain teams i watch out for and want to do well

Barca - have done since i was about 12 (im now 28) went to see them play wolves and luis enrique waved at me in the street as the team bus drove past, that was enough for me! been twice and own a fair few shirts

ajax - loved them in the mid 90s, that team is the best ive ever seen

dortmund - purely for the bright yellow kits when i was a kid

inter - CM2 days, also djorkaeff was my favourite player, can remember seeing him score an amazing overhead kick for them (probably the 1st id ever seen)

in this country, arsenal, purely cos i used to love their football, still consider them the best of the bunch out of the sky teams and id rather they won the league than utd/chelsea/city etc

Hey Gareth remember Mr Norfield from Maas First School?

I do not, but then I went straight into year 4 at Rhein Middle School when the family moved to Weeze.

*In best Arnie voice* "I've never even BEEN to Maas!!!"

The closest to that would be 2010/11 with Villa, Stoke, Birmingham, Wolves, WBA. 5 of them

Yeah that was quality except that we lost to Blues, Albion and Wolves all in the same season for the first time ever maybe? (though Blues was in the League Cup)

Thanks Houllier  :rolleyes:

Hey Gareth remember Mr Norfield from Maas First School?

I do not, but then I went straight into year 4 at Rhein Middle School when the family moved to Weeze.

*In best Arnie voice* "I've never even BEEN to Maas!!!"

Oh I see. When we were both at RAF Laarbruch back in the day I thought you were at Maas too. Anyway the reason I ask is that I saw him about 5 months ago in Birmingham city centre. Birmingham City fan  -_-  Anyway off topic.

Yeah that was quality except that we lost to Blues, Albion and Wolves all in the same season for the first time ever maybe? (though Blues was in the League Cup)

Thanks Houllier  :rolleyes:

That is the bad thing about having them in the same division. The pain of any potential defeat, I think it is best if they stay where they are to be honest. I just realised 98/99 had Villa, Leicester, Derby, Coventry and Leicester.

Incidentally the club in the premiership I hate the least (after villa obviously) is Everton - so similar to us in so many ways. I don't mind them.

Â