Jores Okore

Jesperchr

CC played great today so Lambert was certainly vidicated in his decision,  but was anyone else surprised not to see this guy when Baker went off?

yep very , but in Lambo I trust

Oh so do I Richard, maybe I'm just impatient to see the guy. So far, this is the signing that has excited me the most. 

Paying £4m for a player that doesn't get ahead of Clark in the pecking order defies all logic, maybe he was carrying a knock or something.

jesus christ. the guy played bugger all in preseason, he's not match fit yet. relax

Paying £4m for a player that doesn't get ahead of Clark in the pecking order defies all logic, maybe he was carrying a knock or something.

A team that just about scrapped premier survival beating a team that went 10 games unbeaten at the end of last season 'defies all logic' so Lambert got it right. 

My post certainly was a critasism of the manager.

jesus christ. the guy played bugger all in preseason, he's not match fit yet. relax

Yes, what I meant was that there must have been a reason he wasn't on instead of Clark. I am totally relaxed about it.

Throw Okore in at the deep end at Arsenal after playing in just a couple of pre-season games, or hold out till Wednesday and let him play against a team he's already played against a few times?

Second option seems most viable and I think it is what we will see.

• Like 1

I was also surprised to see CC replace Baker as I wrongly assumed it would be Okore however that Paul Lambert seems to know his stuff because CC was our best defender so he made the correct call.

It's pleasing to have options but if you ask what our best back 2 would be I doubt if any of us really knows yet. That isn't because we are overly blessed with quality in these positions more that they are all much of a muchness. Hopefully Okore will be our next Laursen, time will tell.

Would be nice to see him on Wednesday as he's dealt with Chelsea well once before and we'll need some pace to deal with theirs. It's just the lack of game time that he's had which is a concern to throw him in, but I'm all for it if he's picked.

Theres a lot of sense posted on this page.Okore missed a lot of the pre-season through injury.I'm as keen as anyone to see him start but it was definitely the right decision to place him on the bench yesterday.The fact that he was not even chosen ahead of Clark when Baker went off tells us that he wasn't quite ready & we should trust Lambert in these decisions.

I am a believer that "if its not broke,don't fix it" and would never change a winning side out of choice.Okore will get his chance but for me personaly,it wouldn't be at Chelsea.Likewise,KEA would start,regardless of whether Sylla was fit or not.

I was the same and surprised when Clark came on but makes sense- natural side, okore didn't get a full preseason and I think we are lining him up as our CB for the next few years so no reason to give his first appearance in a situation where some villa fans would write him off if he had a bad sub appearance under duress.

Pat Nevin on R5 today, here at 47.10 (comments on Villa start at 46.30, very complimentary).

"Just look forward to this boy Okore.  You're going to love him...I watched him playing a bit last year...if you think David Luiz is an exciting centre half who's running, taking chances, he's got nothing on Okore, who thinks he's a centre forward...and he's pretty spectacularly good at it..."

Â