Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Playing Okore with Vlaar as a pair means one of them is playing out of position. It may not seem a lot but the way Vlaar let that Malaga player waltz passed him last weekend when he played on the left side was very telling

It's not a natural side for him to play and it's going to cause us problems

To be fair, Vlaar would have probably let him waltz passed even if he had been on the right 

Edited by picicata

id agree with with them both being right sided defenders, for that reason id prefer to see baker be a regular starter along side vlaar with okore as back up

we still need another CB, clark is not a CB and donacien isnt fully ready, i know who id like to see but ill save that for another thread

What happened with the Marco Capuano link?

Young, highly rated and available for a relative pittance now Pescara have been relegated. Matches us perfectly, he essentially said on twitter he'd be very happy to join us.

I know he's been strongly linked to Celtic now too but wouldnt mind us following it up. Last chance for Clark this year I feel, unfortunately for him. 

What happened with the Marco Capuano link?

Young, highly rated and available for a relative pittance now Pescara have been relegated. Matches us perfectly, he essentially said on twitter he'd be very happy to join us.

I know he's been strongly linked to Celtic now too but wouldnt mind us following it up. Last chance for Clark this year I feel, unfortunately for him.

Would love it if we signed another CB and used Clark as a DM option as I think he is better in that position.

yeah i think its ridiculous argument. dont think Vidic/Ferdinand are left footed. same as Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid.

am sure this all started when one of our managers thought Cuellar couldnt play left side of centre backs, think it was Houllier

am sure this all started when one of our managers thought Cuellar couldnt play left side of centre backs, think it was Houllier

For non footballing CBs like Cuellar it might be an issue. Vlaar and Okore are both good on the ball though so it's pretty irrelevant.

You only had to witness the Okore own goal to see how uncomfortable on the left Vlaar was.

Once the player headed for the byeline, Vlaar simply couldn't tackle him with his left leg and was left floundering. Not Vlaar's fault obviously, it's not his natural tackling foot

You only had to witness the Okore own goal to see how uncomfortable on the left Vlaar was.

Once the player headed for the byeline, Vlaar simply couldn't tackle him with his left leg and was left floundering. Not Vlaar's fault obviously, it's not his natural tackling foot

It was friendly game - you're reading too much into it really

a game is a game, he went past Vlaar like he wasn't there

now granted, i don't think Vlaar's all that anyway. but that was a new low

and he could have Walcott etc doing the same to him tomorrow

Utter nonsense. With this logic, he'd always get beaten on his outside when he plays on the right?

He can tackle with his "unnatural tackling foot". He got beaten by a skillful player who was having a good game. He played on the left for Feyenoord and if he has to play there for us, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Did we have this conversation when we had Laursen, Mellberg, Dunne, Collins, Knight, Davies, Cahill or Cuellar at the back? I don't remember it. It's because they are all right-footed and we happen to currently have two left-footed centre backs.

Let's all panic when Westwood, Sylla and KEA play centre mid together. Whoever plays on the left-side won't be able to tackle properly.

• Like 1

A game isn't a game when one is a friendly amd one is premier league with points to play for. Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

He probably will since they have very few fit players. Walcott one of them

Capuano link - wasn't his twitter account confirmed as fake?

CC played great today so Lambert was certainly vidicated in his decision,  but was anyone else surprised not to see this guy when Baker went off?

CC played great today so Lambert was certainly vidicated in his decision,  but was anyone else surprised not to see this guy when Baker went off?

yep very , but in Lambo I trust

yep thought he'd be on for sure. still clark did ok and looked to be vocal and trying to keep things organised.

Â