Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I like Okore and think he looks accomplished on the ball. I think he will do very well for us and the own goal was juat unfortunate. The problem with that goal was that the cross should have been stopped at source!

I have a feeling that Lambert will want to play a higher line too, especially with the pace of Okore and Luna. Lambert might feel that is better than sitting back on top of Guzan and inevitably caving in!

High line defending is a terrible idea. If thats his plan then its shit

I presume you've done your coaching badges?

• Like 4

I like Okore and think he looks accomplished on the ball. I think he will do very well for us and the own goal was juat unfortunate. The problem with that goal was that the cross should have been stopped at source!

I have a feeling that Lambert will want to play a higher line too, especially with the pace of Okore and Luna. Lambert might feel that is better than sitting back on top of Guzan and inevitably caving in!

I agree with Lambert wanting to play this but wonder how Vlaar and Lowton will cope.

Don't mince your words, say what you really feel.

Plenty of attack minded teams play a higher defensive line. If you have the pace to do so it can be quite intimidating for the opposition.

Of course the quality of the opposition compared to the quality of our defenders and our ability to recover when the line is broken plays a part. But there's nothing inherently wrong with it as an option.

It's a football discussion site, he doesn't have to have done coaching to have an opinion.

It's a football discussion site, he doesn't have to have done coaching to have an opinion.

Wait, what?!

So I took those badges for nothing, ffs!

• Like 1

Yeah, you never see any good teams playing a high line.

Wait, what?

To label a whole tactic (that a fair few teams play) as 'shit' then he must have know something that numerous top quality managers don't. I'm just enquiring towards his credentials for that, tis all.

can't beleive people are saying the own goal wasn't his fault - it looked a pretty routine block - and he maybe even should have left it for Guzan (I accept the that the malaga winger shouldn't have just been allowed to breeze past luna the way he did - but thats little comfort)

I know its easier said than done but we must close down more when we havn't got the ball...we tend to stand off too much. Subsequently end up defending too deep, which then plays in to the hands of richocets and such like...we invite lucky goals playing this way.

Villa need to learn how to make the opposition work hard for their crumbs, not hand them a ham sandwich.

Playing Okore with Vlaar as a pair means one of them is playing out of position. It may not seem a lot but the way Vlaar let that Malaga player waltz passed him last weekend when he played on the left side was very telling

It's not a natural side for him to play and it's going to cause us problems

Playing Okore with Vlaar as a pair means one of them is playing out of position. It may not seem a lot but the way Vlaar let that Malaga player waltz passed him last weekend when he played on the left side was very telling

It's not a natural side for him to play and it's going to cause us problems

He has played on the left side for Feyenoord, so I wouldn't call it 'out of position'. 

I wouldn't worry about it.

F*ck Bring Polite

Uh?

Care to elaborate?

Hilarious tweet he sent out a few days ago, and thus a new phrase was born!

I think he was just really excited, and was meant to say **** being polite, but **** bring polite works so much better IMO.

LOL

Â