Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I have seen him play several times outside of villa. He was a fantastic signing, probably the best we did last summer.

Just hope that he gets back to speed and not someone "who could have been" story

• Like 2

His height might be an issue, but he looked lightning fast, assured on the ball and quick to spot the danger - pretty much the antithesis of Clark :P

I look forward to seeing him next season, hopefully, please god, fully healed and back to his physical best, with an injury free preseason under his belt.

Never watched that Chelsea video before, I know he is a CB but I get the feeling he would make a really good CDM.

I've thought this before too. Or maybe even RB?

Wouldn't be surprised if we bring in a CB this summer so could get to see it.

I liked this player when I saw him. But guys, we certainly haven't seen enough to judge. All I keep seeing is, vlaar, Okore, Milner, Da Silva, Messi. Guys even Lowton has had the odd great game, don't get carried away that Okore is gonna be the missing link???

• Like 1

I liked this player when I saw him. But guys, we certainly haven't seen enough to judge. All I keep seeing is, vlaar, Okore, Milner, Da Silva, Messi. Guys even Lowton has had the odd great game, don't get carried away that Okore is gonna be the missing link???

Yeah, he could be good, but it's all very premature.

Lowton was a League One player who most of us hadn't heard of before in any aspect. Okore was a highly coveted centre back who turned down a move to Chelsea, has Champions League games under his belt and is a full Danish international already.

He may not turn out to be the missing link, but he was a coup for sure and we genuinely beat a lot of top European clubs to sign him on the basis that he'd be starting games rather than sitting on the bench or being loaned out.

He'll be like a new signing next season, hopefully lives up to his potential.

Edited by samjp26

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what stage of his recovery he's at?

Will he be available or the start of pre-season training?

I believe Lambert said he'll be ready for pre-season and available for the first games of next season, unlike Kozak who'll just miss the start of the season.

Very good news indeed for Jores - hope he comes through preseason unscathed and has a fair crack of the whip this year.

• Like 1

When Derek returns we really need him to make the centre back position his own.  I still think we should be buying another centre back in case Derek or Vlaar get injured.

I wonder if he'll ghost past the players - I have a haunting feeling he'll be good.  :P

• Like 1

I believe Lambert said he'll be ready for pre-season and available for the first games of next season, unlike Kozak who'll just miss the start of the season.

Very good news indeed for Jores - hope he comes through preseason unscathed and has a fair crack of the whip this year.

Good news he'll be back for pre season. Interested to see him paired with Vlaar.

Do we know if Zogbia will be ready for pre season?

Good news he'll be back for pre season. Interested to see him paired with Vlaar.

Do we know if Zogbia will be ready for pre season?

i think Lambert hinted he might be

Â