Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Hope hes not rushed back but then obviously the physios and staff at villa know what they're doing. Good couple of games towards the end, a nice pre season and then hopefully starts next season ideally.

This all over.  I'm excited by a Vlaar/Okore partnership, a good mix of experience/positioning and pace/ability.  Most of the best defensive partnerships have a mix in that regard.

• Like 3

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stop holding my breath when he makes his comeback. I'll be constantly worried of him re-injuring himself.

Not even from a Villa point of view. Just thinking about him, would be devastating if he came back and re-injured the knee

Would like to know the odds of players who suffer a serious knee injury the chance it will happen again, seems a common thing. Laursen had problems, Gardner and another lad from our academy I cant remember his name. Holden at Bolton has done his knee in about 4 times now. 

I wouldn't hold him out once it heals. Once the knee is "fine", not playing doesn't really help. Just a higher chance of injuring his acl again over the next couple years than someone who's never hurt their acl.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stop holding my breath when he makes his comeback. I'll be constantly worried of him re-injuring himself.

Not even from a Villa point of view. Just thinking about him, would be devastating if he came back and re-injured the knee

Yeah. I just have horrible visions of him coming on and injuring himself again. 

But I'm a pessimistic bastard.

Edited by Phumfeinz

I felt the same for months with Delph. Whenever he got tackled I would say "oh no, not again", but he's proof that people can recover from injuries and get stronger!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see the development of Okore the next few seasons, but I really don't want him to return this season. We don't need him to risk an early return to action, I hope he gets the summer to really strenghten his joints and build up physique. Sure enough, I don't know how his injury tolled up, but he is young and overly aggressive, so he is the kind of player that can injure himself in the first game by doing something heroic. Now that we are virtually safe, I want him back 100% fit - not 95% with a risk of immediate damage. So many players come back and injure themselves within 3-4 months. Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Anderson, Delph, Nani.. The list is long

• Like 1

Would like to know the odds of players who suffer a serious knee injury the chance it will happen again, seems a common thing. Laursen had problems, Gardner and another lad from our academy I cant remember his name. Holden at Bolton has done his knee in about 4 times now. 

Holden's situation is an awful one. I met him once and he genuinely was a nice guy. Seemed like he let the Bolton fans down with his injury. Doubt he will ever get back to what he once was. He was actually a very good centermid when he was in the premier league and when he got injured, Bolton started sliding down the table till they were relegated. 

You're all wrong, I think we should rush him back. It's far more important to me that he is recklessly shoved back into the firing line for our annual drubbing at OT rather than progressing him back to full training sensibly for the sake of his long term health.

• Like 1

Â