Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I don't think any of us know how good this lad would have been this season. He came with a good reputation but in a much inferior league. He had also only played 70 odd senior games and is also only 21. I think it is at the very least safe to assume it may well have taken him much of this season to get up to speed with the Premier League and I think that is why it made sense that he was not a first choice centre back at the start of the season.

agree.

some have claimed he is our defensive saviour and a player we beat Chelsea to.

I hope he will be amazing but some people need to get a grip.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9275514/premier-league-aston-villa-defender-jores-okore-on-course-in-recovery-from-knee-injury?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Aston Villa defender Jores Okore is confident that he will recover from his injury in time for the start of next season.

The 21-year-old centre-back has been on the sidelines since mid-September after suffering a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament injury in his right knee.

The Denmark international, who joined Villa from Nordsjaelland last summer, has now stated that he expects to return to full fitness for the 2014-15 campaign.

"It (the recovery) is going well right now," he told BT. "I am doing some training with the team.

"But I am not training full out. At the moment, it is rather up to me whether I feel it is a good idea to get myself back for the last matches or whether I shall focus on next season.

"That is what I am discussing with (Villa manager) Paul Lambert. Right now, it looks like I will have to focus on the coming season.

"In case Denmark were playing at the World Cup, then it would have been a different matter.

"Then, I would have planned my rehab training differently. But I do not really have anything to fight for this summer.

"At this level, you have to expect tough competition and then it is up to me to prove that I am better than the ones they buy.

"Of course, I would prefer that they don't bring in someone in my position because that would prove that they have got confidence in me.

"I managed to play before my injury, but that was just two or three matches and I still need to prove myself over a longer period."

"At this level, you have to expect tough competition and then it is up to me to prove that I am better than the ones they buy.<br />

<br />

"Of course, I would prefer that they don't bring in someone in my position because that would prove that they have got confidence in me". <br />

<br />

Who's this 'they', you keep mentioning Jores?! Do you know something/someone that we don't? <br />

<br />

:suspect:

I don't understand why anyone would think Okore would change anything. It's not like any of Lambert's signings from the summer were any good, what makes this one any different

That is wrong. Kozak was good. Bacuna was good. Add in the fact that the other central defender he bough two years ago was very good, the chances are good that Okore is decent.

I'd put bacuna and kozak down as being ok but nothing more than that to be honest

You could argue that for the money Bacuna has been good. He has been hit and miss at times but has put in some very good performances and chipped in with a couple of important goals, given he cost hardly anything I'd say he's been a good signing.

Kozak chipped in with some goals and did OK but for the money paid he's nothing more than decent. 

You could argue that for the money Bacuna has been good. He has been hit and miss at times but has put in some very good performances and chipped in with a couple of important goals, given he cost hardly anything I'd say he's been a good signing.

Kozak chipped in with some goals and did OK but for the money paid he's nothing more than decent. 

Cost practically nothing, our second highest scorer, played all over the pitch where he's been needed and started nearly 30 games in his first season. I don't know how anyone can qualify Bacuna as anything but a successful signing. 

On my shortlist for POTS.

I don't understand why anyone would think Okore would change anything. It's not like any of Lambert's signings from the summer were any good, what makes this one any different

That is wrong. Kozak was good. Bacuna was good. Add in the fact that the other central defender he bough two years ago was very good, the chances are good that Okore is decent.

It would have changed as what I saw of Okore is a competent defender which is better than either Baker or Clark of the past 2 seasons.....

Cost practically nothing, our second highest scorer, played all over the pitch where he's been needed and started nearly 30 games in his first season. I don't know how anyone can qualify Bacuna as anything but a successful signing.

On my shortlist for POTS.

And I bet it's a bloody short list too.

We definitely need to sign a top quality Central Defender in the Summer. That way I would feel really confident if we played 3 5 2 with this new signing plus Vlaar & Okore.

If we play 4 4 2 then let the best 2 Central Defenders win the shirt.

3-5-2 worked under Gregory but now it's crap unless your in serie a

• 2 weeks later...

How many games did he actually play for the club? He seems to be highly rated by many. This seems like an example where a player's reputation is actually enhanced by their absence. I will judge him next season.

How many games did he actually play for the club? He seems to be highly rated by many. This seems like an example where a player's reputation is actually enhanced by their absence. I will judge him next season.

He was just as highly rated before the injury.

• Like 1

Â