Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Based on what? He made 3 appearances for the club, and before that he was in the Danish league. I'm going to wait.

I think it was his champions league apperances.

Fair enough, I know his previous club were in Chelsea's group and he played 5 times. I don't really remember him to be honest. But I hope turns out to be a good player.

Based on what? He made 3 appearances for the club, and before that he was in the Danish league. I'm going to wait.

I think in the few Champions League games he played his team did pretty poorly :P

I'm hoping without expecting. 

I think in the few Champions League games he played his team did pretty poorly :P

I'm hoping without expecting.

But he didn't and stood out big time, hence the bid from chelski. I don't think we realise how good a signing we've made here.

• Like 2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9236976/aston-villa-defender-jores-okore-concentrating-on-getting-fully-fit-for-next-season

Aston Villa defender Jores Okore is determined to make up for lost time as he prepares to make his comeback from a severe knee injury.

The defender suffered a major blow, just a couple of months after signing for the club in a £4million deal from Nordsjaelland, when he ruptured a cruciate ligament in a home defeat to Newcastle.

Denmark international Okore could still make an appearance for Paul Lambert's Villa before the end of the season.

But the 21-year-old has written off his chances of being involved and is concentrating all his efforts on regaining full fitness ahead of the new campaign.

"It's about next season for me now," Okore told the Birmingham Mail.

"I am looking forward to that. I can't wait. It can't come quick enough. It will be next season when I get my big chance again to prove myself. I want to show what I can do.

"The manager has been very supportive with me. He bought me, he showed great faith in me and now I want to repay him.

"He bought for me a reason - he must have believed in my ability. I will prove he was right!"

• Like 1

Okore will be the next Nesta, tall, powerful, agile and most importantly - quick.

It's a bold claim, but I will stand by it.

I just hope the injury hasn't affected him as it would have done 15 years ago.

His wiki says 6"0, so I wouldn't say tall for a CB. Next Nesta is some claim, IMO there won't be another Nesta. Even Maldini wasn't at Nesta level.

Nesta wouldn't have been half the full back Maldini was either ;)

His wiki says 6"0, so I wouldn't say tall for a CB. Next Nesta is some claim, IMO there won't be another Nesta. Even Maldini wasn't at Nesta level.

Agreed, but Maldini did play CB for a long time. Nesta is certainly the best in my lifetime, I think so anyway. If Okore is half of Nesta then we have some player on our hands, or a player to sell for massive money!

Agreed, but Maldini did play CB for a long time. Nesta is certainly the best in my lifetime, I think so anyway. If Okore is half of Nesta then we have some player on our hands, or a player to sell for massive money!

Nesta was awesome, another level completely. I'm old enough to remember Baresi though too and he was special. Yeah, if Okore is anywhere close to half that level then he'll be a hell of a player...

Â