Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Aston Villa defender Jores Okore concentrating on getting fully fit for next season

Last Updated: 28/03/14 2:51pm

Demba-Ba-Jores-Okore_3016042.jpg?2013100

Jores Okore: The defender is on the road to recovery after rupturing a cruciate ligament last September

Aston Villa defender Jores Okore is determined to make up for lost time as he prepares to make his comeback from a severe knee injury.

The defender suffered a major blow, just a couple of months after signing for the club in a £4million deal from Nordsjaelland, when he ruptured a cruciate ligament in a home defeat to Newcastle.

Denmark international Okore could still make an appearance for Paul Lambert's Villa before the end of the season.

But the 21-year-old has written off his chances of being involved and is concentrating all his efforts on regaining full fitness ahead of the new campaign.

"It's about next season for me now," Okore told the Birmingham Mail.

"I am looking forward to that. I can't wait. It can't come quick enough. It will be next season when I get my big chance again to prove myself. I want to show what I can do.

"The manager has been very supportive with me. He bought me, he showed great faith in me and now I want to repay him.

"He bought for me a reason - he must have believed in my ability. I will prove he was right!"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why anyone would think Okore would change anything. It's not like any of Lambert's signings from the summer were any good, what makes this one any different

Absurd logic.

"Because other signings haven't worked out, Okore must be terrible"

Really, really insane logic.

• Like 1

I don't understand why anyone would think Okore would change anything. It's not like any of Lambert's signings from the summer were any good, what makes this one any different

Absurd logic.

Where have I said that?

Oh no, that's right. Nowhere.

Keep up the good work.

Absurd logic.

Where have I said that?

Keep up the good work.

In fairness, isn't that exactly what you've said?

Yeah. I'm confused.  :wacko:

You said it here.

It's not like any of Lambert's signings from the summer were any good, what makes this one any different

Edited by StefanAVFC

Absurd logic.

Where have I said that?

Keep up the good work.

In fairness, isn't that exactly what you've said?

No, what I've said, if you'd like me to explain further, is:

'Most, if not all of the signings made in the Summer by Lambert have been crap. Therefore, I don't understand the clamour on here who believe that Okore coming into the team would make any difference as he may not be as good as is thought'.

Nowhere, nowhere, have I said that Okore is 'terrible'. Just that he may not be as good as is hoped.

Saying that he is 'terrible' is just as bad a thing to be saying as saying he needs to be in the team and would save us. 

Just because you doubt somebody, it doesn't make them 'terrible'. Terrible is reserved for the likes of Bennett, Tonev and Holt.

Yeah. I'm confused.  :wacko:

You said it here.

It's not like any of Lambert's signings from the summer were any good, what makes this one any different

Ah so I was right. I didn't say he was 'terrible' anywhere. Good stuff :)

Edited by Pilchard

Ah so you've used pedantry to get yourself out of looking like a bit of a wotsit.

good stuff  :thumb:

Nope. I've just read what I've said, and then saw that I didn't say Okore was terrible.

If you want to put words in my mouth and then complain about that, well you are really just having an argument with yourself there.

Ah so you've used pedantry to get yourself out of looking like a bit of a wotsit.

good stuff  :thumb:

Nope. I've just read what I've said, and then saw that I didn't say Okore was terrible.

If you want to put words in my mouth and then complain about that, well you are really just having an argument with yourself there.

If it was only me that read it like that then maybe, but somebody else did as well. "Keep up the good work".

good stuff :thumb:

If it was only me that read it like that then maybe, but somebody else did as well. "Keep up the good work".

Thank god you complained about point scoring in another thread.

So you had nothing to actually add to the debate, you just came in to have a pop?

In addition to that, where is the point scoring? Pilchard originally said 'keep up the good work' and acted condescending when I (and another poster) had a good point.

I don't think any of us know how good this lad would have been this season. He came with a good reputation but in a much inferior league. He had also only played 70 odd senior games and is also only 21. I think it is at the very least safe to assume it may well have taken him much of this season to get up to speed with the Premier League and I think that is why it made sense that he was not a first choice centre back at the start of the season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I don't think any of us know how good this lad would have been this season. He came with a good reputation but in a much inferior league. He had also only played 70 odd senior games and is also only 21. I think it is at the very least safe to assume it may well have taken him much of this season to get up to speed with the Premier League and I think that is why it made sense that he was not a first choice centre back at the start of the season.

I think it's safe to assume he's a major improvement on Baker.

good stuff :thumb:

Haha arguing his point because you said 'terrible' and he said 'weren't any good'. Jeez!
  • Like 2

Â