Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Oooooh Younes Belhanda...does it work?

Agree with Richard, although I had my doubts at the beginning I think Villa are playing a good game and have offered the best they can and are waiting for Younes to realise that AVFC is the only choice for him.

Maybe an agreement in principal with the club pending the outcome of how many we can shift of Bent, Ireland, Hutton, Holman (gone), Bannan before agreeing terms with the player?

Probably doesn't work like that I know....

when was the last time a purchase took this long to seal? lol

When was the last time we were in for one of European footballs most promising young talents? ;)

About 10 months ago

When was the last time we were in for one of European footballs most promising young talents? ;)

About 10 months ago

Chelsea were after Okore in January, allegedly, so maybe it was a lot more recently than you think?

About 10 months ago

Chelsea were after Okore in January, allegedly, so maybe it was a lot more recently than you think?

Think he's referring to Benteke

Think he's referring to Benteke

That's what I think too, but that doesn't make what I said any less true.

Edited by Ginko

SPECULATION : PL 'apparently' has called Belhandas agents bluff with a 'take it or leave it ' offer - source says he will accept. #avfc

Hmmm, seeing as I'm pretty sure that is the guy that said we were going to re-sign Maloney and that Zog was Monaco's top transfer target, I wouldn't hold your breath. 

AVFC Transfer Tweet@AVFCTransTweet8m

SPECULATION : PL 'apparently' has called Belhandas agents bluff with a 'take it or leave it ' offer - source says he will accept. #avfc

Hmmm, seeing as I'm pretty sure that is the guy that said we were going to re-sign Maloney and that Zog was Monaco's top transfer target, I wouldn't hold your breath.

He tweets things after seeing them elsewhere.

AVFC Transfer Tweet@AVFCTransTweet8m

He tweets things after seeing them elsewhere.

They all do.

• Like 1

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet8m

By all accounts Zog was a transfer target for Monaco, that is probably put to bed now he is injured!

Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda is attracting interest from across Europe, but he still favours a move to England.

Serie A heavyweights AC Milan and Inter Milan, along with Turkish outfit Galatasaray, are believed to have expressed an interest in the Moroccan playmaker.

There is, however, believed to be reluctance on their part to meet Montpellier's asking price.

That has helped to keep the transfer door ajar, with Aston Villa said to be keen on bringing Belhanda to the Premier League.

The 23-year-old would welcome the opportunity to link up with Villa, or one of their top-flight rivals, but concedes that his fate rests in the hands on his current employers.

He said: "Nothing has been decided yet. My club wants €15million (£12.8m) and not many teams can pay that.

"I have always said that my preference would be England, but if they can't agree a price with my current club then I will not go there."

SSN

Accompanied by:

Montpellier's Younes Belhanda attracting interest from across Europe but favours England move. Villa said to be keen. tinyurl.com/l7xy3r5

Edited by HalfTimePost

Can't see us spending £13m on one player. Would look more likely to be him giving out a 'come-and-get-me-plea' to other teams in the league. Either that or Montpellier reduce their price..?

Edited by HalfTimePost