Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I can see us signing a very good AM.  Dont think it will be Belhanda.  You never know though, would love either Belhanda or Praet.

No chance on either. Would love either as well but isn't happening. That Praet link was very flimsy as well made up by some guy on twitter which subsequently appeared on a Belgium transfer rumours site.

• Like 1

this all depends on how bad he wants first team football, whether he's that fussed about the CL and how atrractive the Prem really is. If he wants to develop in the PL and ensure first team footbll then we have a chance, what with the clubs around us spending big on players that are ALREADY developed. Otherwise we can wave this one goodbye.

I reckon Paul Lambert's got that little message off FM..

'You do not have enough funds to complete the transfer, delay for a week? Yes[] No[]'

He's just desperately trying to find a buyer for Bent/ Ireland/ Given/ Hutton, so that he can 'Adjust Transfer Budget' (with the slider that Wonga nicked), and then we'll be good to go! Do your best Paul, we've all been there.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 3

Still a gap open for attacking midfielder in our squad...you just need to look at the lack of goals central midfield contributed last season to see it's a problem if the strikers are injured or having an off day.

The trio of Westwood/Sylla/Delph did great at the end of last season but eventually if we're to get back challenging top 6 one of those will need to drop out. Westwood is an automatic pick for me so ideally Syllla/Delph then a new AM player unless Gary Gardner gets up to speed straight away.

I'd so like to be wrong, but I very much doubt Gary Gardner is the answer to our AM question. So far he's shown nothing at all for the first team. Certainly not enough to suggest that he can do such an important job for us. It's been as though the step up to the PL is too much for him.

Saying that, I'd be the happiest man in the world if he turned out to be the AM star that we desperately need.

We all knew this was never going to happen. Here is some more confirmation of that.

News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda.

The 23-year-old versatile midfielder was about to transferred to Fenerbache in January but the move fell through due to the Montpellier’s increased price demand.

Lock her down.

"News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda"

It wouldn't particularly surprise me if he ended up at Arsenal, but as grounds for locking the thread this looks a bit tenuous at this stage.

The claims from france that we have bid for Belhanda are obviously lies but when claims that Arsenal have bid or preparing for bid are of course 100% correct.

Claims they are PREPARING a bid, haven't even made it, with no quotes.

Yes, lock the thread immediately!

If ever there was a euphemism in football that I loathe it is 'preparing a bid'. its a meaningless invention of the media. Surely its just a case of contacting the club and saying we would like to buy x and we are prepared to offer y which is the result of the manager saying he would like x and the club saying you can have him if he costs no more that y + a figure. I hardly think there are days of lawyers time preparing a 100 page bid document.

In fact its up there with a player issuing a 'come and get me' plea or Spurs interest in some wildly expensive player everyone knows they will never sign.

Gardner needs a run of games. Injuries have hampered his progress, though, and we probably won't see what he's made of for a while yet.

Too true, the only extended run he has had is on the treatment table. He has be lauded as a future star and to be honest we have seen very little to support that (yet) at the highest level.

I'd so like to be wrong, but I very much doubt Gary Gardner is the answer to our AM question. So far he's shown nothing at all for the first team. Certainly not enough to suggest that he can do such an important job for us. It's been as though the step up to the PL is too much for him.

Saying that, I'd be the happiest man in the world if he turned out to be the AM star that we desperately need.

People go on about his injuries but whenever he has had a run of games he has looked nothing at all like the player he was hyped up to be.

The next Gerrard my arse, your right he will never be the answer. Another championship at best player along with Bannan and Allbrighton.

We need another Merson type player but they are few and far between. Not so sure we are going to get one

People go on about his injuries but whenever he has had a run of games he has looked nothing at all like the player he was hyped up to be.

The next Gerrard my arse, your right he will never be the answer. Another championship at best player along with Bannan and Allbrighton.

We need another Merson type player but they are few and far between. Not so sure we are going to get one

So, more-or-less what I said, except more pessimistically worded, and with a dig at Albrighton thrown in for good measure. I wish you'd at least TRY to be more positive. 

im starting to get the impression that it wont be gardner who will be our next youth academy gruduate midfield star, but carruthers instead? gardner has some graft to do, unfortunately i dont see him either being our midfield goalscoring sensation, but there seems to be a spark about carruthers :)

Gardner needs a run of games. Injuries have hampered his progress, though, and we probably won't see what he's made of for a while yet.

Especially as he was getting games in a turgid McLeish team. I reckon if he stays injury free, he could flourish under Lambert's system and coaching.

So, more-or-less what I said, except more pessimistically worded, and with a dig at Albrighton thrown in for good measure. I wish you'd at least TRY to be more positive. 

I'm positive about GG. It's a pity that he has had so many appalling cruciate ligament injuries so early in his career but there is definitely a really good player there threatening to break out so long as those damn injuries have completely healed. I saw his cameo performance in Hong Kong against Chelsea in the Asia Tournament & he looked a really accomplished player. Also I'm sure many Villa fans will fondly recall some of his great goalscoring free kicks for the England under 21's too.

I firmly believe Lambo will make a big signing in this position regardless & it can only be healthy for the whole team to have competition for places in every single position of our team.

Really hope GG has a great season.

We all knew this was never going to happen. Here is some more confirmation of that.

News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda.

The 23-year-old versatile midfielder was about to transferred to Fenerbache in January but the move fell through due to the Montpellier’s increased price demand.

Lock her down.

"News coming from France suggest that Arsenal are preparing a bid for Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda"

It wouldn't particularly surprise me if he ended up at Arsenal, but as grounds for locking the thread this looks a bit tenuous at this stage.

The claims from france that we have bid for Belhanda are obviously lies but when claims that Arsenal have bid or preparing for bid are of course 100% correct.

Yes, lok the thread immediately!

If ever there was a euphemism in football that I loathe it is 'preparing a bid'. its a meaningless invention of the media. Surely its just a case of contacting the club and saying we would like to buy x and we are prepared to offer y which is the result of the manager saying he would like x and the club saying you can have him if he costs no more that y + a figure. I hardly think there are days of lawyers time preparing a 100 page bid document.

In fact its up there with a player issuing a 'come and get me' plea or Spurs interest in some wildly expensive player everyone knows they will never sign.

For every club that's 'preparing a bid', there's another one 'bracing themselves.' Edited by StanBalaban

Lock her down.

Yes, lok the thread immediately!

For every club that's 'preparing a bid', there's another one 'bracing themselves.'

:)