Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

that ignazz fella on twitter is apparently a sports journo

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/montpellier/aston-villa-maintient-contact-avec-belhanda-1036121.shtml

google translate ftw

Aston Villa maintains contact with Belhanda
Aston Villa is always in contact with the surrounding Younes Belhanda. But for now, no agreement was reached.

Younes Belhanda approximates England. According to our information, the entourage of Montpellier environment is always in contact with Aston Villa. Discussions focus on the player's contract because the English club has already agreed with the MHSC, as revealed by the president Louis Nicollin to 10 Sport: "There are 4-5 clubs that have arisen. This is the player to choose now because we are almost in agreement with the clubs. He will leave for 14-15 million euros. Concrete offers? Yes, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray and Aston Villa (...) There is authorized to agree with whoever he wants now. "
Belhanda sixth rookie Villans?

After two qualifying matches for the 2014 World Cup with Morocco Belhanda, scoring against Gambia, must now be sporting and economic discussion with the training manager Paul Lambert, who recently separated from her midfielder Brett Holman. Although drawn towards Germany and Turkey Belhanda gives preference to England. An open championship where Montpellier will take spaces. If he agrees with the Birmingham club, Belhanda is already the sixth rookie club after signatures Jores Okore, Nicklas Helenius, Leandro Bacuna Aleksandar Tonev and Antonio Luna.

French site Mercato365.com say that Belhanda may be moving closer to a move to Aston Villa. They've come to unerstand that Belhanda's people are still in contact with Aston Villa, with discussions focusing on the contract for the player as a potential fee has already been agreed with Montpellier.

No quotes though. Just a "we understand from our sources." In fact I don't think this means he's any closer to moving to us, but it perhaps is news that we appear to still be in contact with his agent.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the punch by tomaspg :)

Edited by Wes

French site Mercato365.com say that Belhanda may be moving closer to a move to Aston Villa. They've come to unerstand that Belhanda's people are still in contact with Aston Villa, with discussions focusing on the contract for the player as a potential fee has already been agreed with Montpellier.

No quotes though. Just a "we understand from our sources." In fact I don't think this means he's any closer to moving to us, but it perhaps is news that we appear to still be in contact with his agent.

The guy who wrote the article says his source is simply "somebody close to Belhanda", which I assume is why there is no quotes. Once again a foreign article states that we made a bid which was accepted, yet no doubt we will still have people saying it is impossible to sign him as he will be too pricey.

however another report says the chairman of Montpellier said noone has gone close to agreeing a fee for Belhanda or bedrimo (cameroon player?)

Edited by KSV

there enough punch for everyone! :)

anyways, most of our signings have been brought to light by foreign newspapers as lambert/lerner obviously likes to play their cards close to the chest. So with that said im going to stay optimistic, hopefully his wish of playing in the premier league will be enough to get him here!

however another report says the chairman of Montpellier said noone has gone close to agreeing a fee for Belhanda or bedrimo (cameroon player?)

Link?

I'm pretty sure the chairman wouldn't tell him to choose out of several clubs which he would like to talk to if they hadn't been at least close to agreeing a fee.

I think so. Really want this one to happen but my enthusiasm has kinda died out as I can`t see it happening. On the flip side of this is that some rumors have surfaced again and naming us, while I haven`t sen any other club really come in for him. I know Arsenal was mentioned some days ago, but they are always linked with players down there, and I don`t think he will fit in their. Cautious on this one.... 

when was the last time a purchase took this long to seal? lol

When was the last time we were in for one of European footballs most promising young talents? ;)
last week with Derek

Still think there's mileage in this

Edited by Richard

Maybe this could be what's holding up Bentekes re-signing. If we make this signing as a statement of intent, he'll know we mean business. Imagine that if both happened in the same week. Mind you, I'm not looking into this too much ;)

Edited by LockStockVilla

Oooooh Younes Belhanda...does it work?

Agree with Richard, although I had my doubts at the beginning I think Villa are playing a good game and have offered the best they can and are waiting for Younes to realise that AVFC is the only choice for him.