Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Horrible truly horrible.  Had no right to shoot 9 times out of 10 and missed by a country mile every time.  When he does pass thy a horribly short and nearly played us into shit with pass back into the defence at one point.  

I wont be too hard on him. Whilst I agree his shooting was too often and too erratic, he seemed to want to be involved in the play more centrally and when he did get a few opportunities to be more in the middle I generally liked his movement.

His first full debut. Still plenty of time for him to come good once they work with him on the training ground.

I think he saw Kozak score and wanted to impress too hard too.

Edited by Wes

Guys just wait until he gets his shooting boots on. He's too nervous at the moment. I have watched him play before he joined the Villa and really enjoyed every moment of him on the ball.
He can do a lot more than you think. A big surprise still to come. One for the future, I'm sure of that!

• Like 1

He was bad, we pretty much played with 10 but I hate to have a go at him. We did win and hopefully will settle down as the season progresses.

I am sure Lambert saw what we did. If he doesn't improve he will cast aside because once our manager decides you are out..... you are so out!!!

There's a decent player in there, he has a turn of pace, he's athletic and attacks aggressively.

The good thing about this is that his flaws can be corrected with a bit of hard work. The main flaw is his decision making, which meant that'd shoot when the pass was the better option and that he'd hold onto the ball for too long and often lose it - two things that can be corrected by coaching and him getting more street wise to this league.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

For a start, he just needs to keep it simple. Use his pace to beat an man and flash it across goal from the byline. He can start working on becoming the new Gareth Bale after he has mastered this.

i could understand giving a guy a chance yada yada.. and im happy to.. but its just his attitude which for me wants him gone already.

SELFISH SELFISH player. Just wants to have shots. I have played with players like that and i cant stand them. Im sure most the squad are the same.

PASS THE BALL YOU FLOP.

• Like 1

He needs a goal. Maybe then he'll lose his urge to impress and start thinking before shooting.

Not so sure about that. He looks like the type of player that once he scores one, he will think can score all the time.

He needs his issues with not passing and wild ass shooting coached out of him..... hopefully starting next week with a game review!

Â