Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Figueroa from wigan would be one CB I would consider. Need another full back to take over from Bennett .

Isn't he a lb? Also getting close to 30. Wouldn't touch any defender from Wigan, no improvement on outs.. After all they are going down for a reason

You are correct on both.He plays LB + CB - and yes is close to 30. But for me for what he would cost, he would provide us with a lot of options - and another senior pro at the back.

For those of you who seemed to like my last post on how Dortmund built their team and the similiarities to how Lambert is building the side I'll have another lengthy post coming soon.

I know people like to float a lot of names in the transfer forum over the summer so for a bit of fun on my part and hopefully for the rest of you I've composed a list of players who could interest us from around some of the European leagues. (Trying to get ahead of the game and find the next Michu for my fantasy team next year)

Been holding off on posting it until now as I didn't want to tempt fate!

• Like 1

Out:

Given, Hutton, Stephens, Lichaj, Warnock, Dunne, Makoun, Ireland, HerdBannanKEANZogbia, Bent, Delfouneso

The ones in bold can be given another year as it would be a heck of a squad change to lose and replace all of those, but I really wouldn't mind if we lost all of those.

Estimate about £15-20m in fee's and £390k a week in wages from the non-bold players

And around about £25-30m in fee's & £520k a week including the bold players?

Without looking at any of the players who could be off in the Summer e.g. Bent, Given, Hutton, Ireland, Bannan etc. we would possibly need the following:

An experienced partner for Vlaar, replace Dunne, lot of people mentioning FM wonderkid Kjaer, Chester or Dragovic.

LB, any time Bennett comes up against quality he gets slaughtered.

CM, someone like Karagounis at Fulham, obviously younger but with a bit of experience under his belt.

Dunne, Lichaj, Marshall, Makoun and sadly Petrov off so far.

Edited by Avflife