Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

With City getting a new manager who might want his own ideas, maybe a very cheeky bid to bring Barry back, His experience would be an absolute asset to our squad

Barry, really?

What are we trying to do at Villa. I thought we were building something, something new and with great prospects. As much as I loved Barry when he was at Villa, he is way past his best. Yes his experience would be an asset, but not in a playing capacity for me. No thanks.

With City getting a new manager who might want his own ideas, maybe a very cheeky bid to bring Barry back, His experience would be an absolute asset to our squad

Barry, really?

What are we trying to do at Villa. I thought we were building something, something new and with great prospects. As much as I loved Barry when he was at Villa, he is way past his best. Yes his experience would be an asset, but not in a playing capacity for me. No thanks.

My thoughts exactly, Barry is over the hill & peddlin'.

Anthony Jacobs@ ‏@Ant1987 7h

@HowardHodgson Howard is Incognito someone close/higher up in the club?

Howard Hodgson ‏@HowardHodgson 6h

@Ant1987 I really have no idea Anthony but pretty sure it's not Paul F.. Most likely an imposter..

If you look back over his old tweets he suggested that compensation was sorted at the time we hired Lambert, which clearly wasn't the case. Also said that he had permission to talk to us before retracting that Lambert was going to have to walk, impostor i would say!

Only thing is, people like that are normally desperate for attention... so why not tweet for about a year?

Barry, really?

Serious question. I wonder how many people say this yet would have Petrov as first name on the teamsheet if he hadn't suffered his illness?

Barry, really?

Serious question. I wonder how many people say this yet would have Petrov as first name on the teamsheet if he hadn't suffered his illness?

I honestly don't think Petrov would have been a regular in the team.

Barry, really?

I would've had Petrov in the team illness or no illness.

Edited by Mantis

Anthony Jacobs@ ‏@Ant1987 7h

@HowardHodgson Howard is Incognito someone close/higher up in the club?

Howard Hodgson ‏@HowardHodgson 6h

@Ant1987 I really have no idea Anthony but pretty sure it's not Paul F.. Most likely an imposter..

If you look back over his old tweets he suggested that compensation was sorted at the time we hired Lambert, which clearly wasn't the case. Also said that he had permission to talk to us before retracting that Lambert was going to have to walk, impostor i would say!

Only thing is, people like that are normally desperate for attention... so why not tweet for about a year?

Well I recall him saying 'Villa move for Lambert'  3 days later he was our manager.  He never tweets a 'downer' - its always when something good is about to happen. Pretty sure its someone at the club.

Kolo Toure anyone? 32 and out of contract, has great experience and a good 2 or 3 years left in him I feel, also seems to have the right type of character to suit the young lads well.

a good player, no doubt, but I doubt he'd had his heart in it. For me he seems more like a qpr signing. The kind that took them down because they couldn't be a**ed when the chips were down.

Kolo Toure anyone? 32 and out of contract, has great experience and a good 2 or 3 years left in him I feel, also seems to have the right type of character to suit the young lads well.

a good player, no doubt, but I doubt he'd had his heart in it. For me he seems more like a qpr signing. The kind that took them down because they couldn't be a**ed when the chips were down.

I'd rather have a Coke A Kolo! A lot cheaper & doesn't lose it's bottle! :D;)

wouldn't surprise me if we see any of the following turn up..

James Chester, Harry Maguire, Luke Murphy, Dwight Gayle, Aaron Cresswell (Maybe go back for him), Liam Bridcutt... players of that ilk.... from what we have seen of Lamberts transfer ability I'd be pretty happy if he did...

James Chester, Harry Maguire, Luke Murphy, Dwight Gayle, Aaron Cresswell (Maybe go back for him), Liam Bridcutt... players of that ilk.... from what we have seen of Lamberts transfer ability I'd be pretty happy if he did...

Yep and sprinkle that with some more foreign gems and happy days!!

I'll be pretty sure we'll have to google the most of them anyway and I won't mind the gap in terms of quality between the top of the Premiership and the bottom is about as narrow as I can remember, it's just a lack of consistency. Onwards and upwards in Lambert we trust! utv

I still feel that building a squad consisting of almost only lower league brittish players is a horrible idea that is destined to fail.

I still feel that building a squad consisting of almost only lower league brittish players is a horrible idea that is destined to fail.

And that's why hopefully you can also have the option to look to foreign leagues for players with a lot of potential looking to make the step up. Because let's be honest, if we are looking to buy players with prem experience, no teams are going to let their better players leave cheaply, so you're just getting ripped off. The lower/foreign leagues approach really is the best way going forward, unless you have unlimited funds in the coffers. 

Why? it's clearly working? second half of the season we have been great....I do agree a few wise heads would be good though

And that's why hopefully you can also have the option to look to foreign leagues for players with a lot of potential looking to make the step up. Because let's be honest, if we are looking to buy players with prem experience, no teams are going to let their better players leave cheaply, so you're just getting ripped off. The lower/foreign leagues approach really is the best way going forward, unless you have unlimited funds in the coffers. 

Im all for the foreign leagues, it's the lower & scottish approach im apprehensive about

So you don't rate Lowton or Westwood? I think they've been very good, especially in the end. And both are full of potential. Having said that I wouldn't mind a little more experience in the squad. A leader or two. But there are few available in the PL.

Why? it's clearly working? second half of the season we have been great....I do agree a few wise heads would be good though

We survived thanks to Benteke from Belgian national and Guzan  US national, Weimann Austrian national and Gabby former english national, the rest of the squad helped but these were the players that tipped the scale in out favour

• Like 1