Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Georginio Wijnaldum would be an amazing signing from PSV, or Nacer Chadli at FC Twente! really think we could do with a midfielder who can chip in with a few goals because relying on the front 3 for 95% of our goals is not going to enable us to push on! Pity Holman isn't a better player really

Yes. I like them both. Good shouts there.

Hope Lerner doesn't cave and accept £20m. Surely he has learned his lesson.

I actually think we have sold players for good money so I don't worry that we wouldn't get a lot should benteke be sold

I think we got good value for Downing, Young and Barry. Milner however i believe we cocked right up! Value is subjective and the money we got for Milner was of less benefit to us than having kept him! Having Ireland as an £8m make weight was ridiculous and his wages have burdened us for 3 years now! We would have been better off just letting him go for £16m than taking Ireland! Also because Ireland earns so much his wages have taken so much money out of Villa that it probably works out that we have gained about £5m from the Milner sale! Embarrassing really.  

I really really really hope that if Benteke goes to someone like spurs that we don't do a similar deal with players like Huddlestone (Although he is better than Ireland!) If Benteke goes in the summer for say £30m, we should go and buy Bony right away for about £14m then spend £8m on two top quality players! 

For me, all serious prospective bidding for the monster starts @ £40M otherwise we would just be ripping ourselves off.

& I'd tell all prospective bidders where they can go to as well! Unless ofcourse Spurs want to give us Bale & £20M too

The real problem though is potentially having to put up with an unsettled player if/when the big bids do finally emerge.

Bottom line ..........Benteke is a massive asset to us & I'm glad he is currently on our books.

2nd time watching Bridcutt.. is he always this good? Stands out in midfield for brighton.. can pass the ball very well and what I like is he can read the game developing and make tackles accordingly.

Would hope we are looking at him.

Commentator was saying how he was at Chelsea during the time Makelele  and learnt off him.

Scott Sinclair, James McCarthy and Danny Rose would be a good start!

No, yes, no.

Agreed. Although on Sinclair am 50/50. Think we should be looking towards the higher end of the table than the basement really. 

2nd time watching Bridcutt.. is he always this good? Stands out in midfield for brighton.. can pass the ball very well and what I like is he can read the game developing and make tackles accordingly.

Commentator was saying how he was at Chelsea during the time Makelele  and learnt off him.

He's been there player of the season for the last two season!

He's been there player of the season for the last two season!

Quality player. Mate in work is always banging on about him and I have to agree the few times I've seen him. Worth a punt?

"Bild" is reporting Dortmund want Benteke....

"Bild" is quite reliable and most recently broke the Gotze to Bayern deal.

I'm sure they do want him. There are very few clubs in Europe who wouldn't. That means absolutely nothing yet though

True, they claim Zorc was at the game when Benteke got sent off.

The article is pretty amusing because they put "Market Value : 12M euros" LOL there is no way he is going for that price... he may well go to Dortmund but certainly not for that price.

Newcastle got £35m for Carroll and he is half the player that Benteke is. Anything less than £35m should not be considered by us and if we do have to let him go for whatever reason (which I really hope we do not) the money should all be used on players rather than say 50% of it on the balance sheet and the rest representing our transfer budget for the next window.

• Like 1