Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

"Bild" is reporting Dortmund want Benteke....

"Bild" is quite reliable and most recently broke the Gotze to Bayern deal.

The thing is, Dortmund will not pay the sort of money we want for Benteke. At the most they'd pay £20m. They always have a sell on fee in mind when buying players. So anything near £30m wouldn't offer them any value.

"Bild" is reporting Dortmund want Benteke....

"Bild" is quite reliable and most recently broke the Gotze to Bayern deal.

The thing is, Dortmund will not pay the sort of money we want for Benteke. At the most they'd pay £20m. They always have a sell on fee in mind when buying players. So anything near £30m wouldn't offer them any value.

Let's hope that the sort of money fans want and the sort of money Lerner will take are around the same ball park for Benteke. The fans' valuation of Benteke (in general) seems to be around £30m+.

If it does come down to having to let Benteke go, I hope Lerner shows some Levy-esqe balls.

Diego from Wolfsburg would fit perfectly into our team

He's too lightweight and would not fit out buying policy in the slightest + he cost them about £15m so won't come cheap

Not to mention that he'll turn 30 in a couple of years, not a Lambert signing I don't think.

I´d like 5 players this summer, maybe 6 if Given leaves.

1 CB I´d like him to be a right footed CB, Simon Kjaer, James Chester, Alexander Dragovic.

1 LB/RB Kyle Naughton

1 CM Luke Murphy

1 Winger/wide forward Steven Zuber 21yo from Grasshoppers

1 Striker Jozy Altidore

Shit, this is easy...

He's too lightweight and would not fit out buying policy in the slightest + he cost them about £15m so won't come cheap

Not to mention that he'll turn 30 in a couple of years, not a Lambert signing I don't think.

All attacking mids are lightweight and....? (attacking mids are for attacking, not defending)  

Since when did players start retiring at 30? (Pirlo ring any bells?)  

All attacking mids are lightweight and....? (attacking mids are for attacking, not defending)  

Nothing to do with retiring, I just don't see Lambert spending hefty sums on players who are touching 30 years, his policy is to bring in hungry young players and a few senior players to guide them. The cost and age of Diego would mean he wouldn't fit the policy and either way I'd personally prefer him to stick to his guns and bring in somebody younger.

And is one of the highest payed players in the Bundesliga

I know he'll probably end up at Swansea on a permanent deal but someone like Jonathan De Guzman would be ideal for us. Good all rounder and can chip in with a few goals ( 8 ) and assists ( 9 ) from midfield as well

The fact that he is lightweight would cause problems in our formation, rather than a fancy attacking midfielder we need somebody who is physically capable of playing in CM but also getting into the CAM positions and contributing with goals! Ala Lampard! Diego playing in midfield would be the same type of thing as putting Ireland in there!

Dortmund are about top sign Christian Eriksen, that could eat up most of their budget already

assuming that lewandowski is on his way somewhere this summer for around £20m - £25m id guess they could but eriksen and benteke and make their bank manager a happy man this summer

and thats before you take in to consideration the CL money...