Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Hope we try for Callum McManaman if and when Wigan are relegated.

Been really good during the second half of the season and shohld fit the Lambert profile of young, english and playing in a miserable team

Im still not sure about him. His composure is quite poor for a winger plus Lambert doesnt seem to favour them

Hope we try for Callum McManaman if and when Wigan are relegated.

Been really good during the second half of the season and shohld fit the Lambert profile of young, english and playing in a miserable team

Im still not sure about him. His composure is quite poor for a winger plus Lambert doesnt seem to favour them

Think he'd be good competition for Gabby and Weimann if we continue with the 4-3-3/4-5-1 or whatever you call it

Signings i would like if available:

Lescott  - great in both boxes, would be a great partner to vlaar. Could also play left back when needed

Huddlestone - would play the Westwood role. Not first choice at spurs. Brilliant passer. Tall. Can take set pieces

Sigurdsson - Great attacking midfielder. Not first choice at spurs. Good passer

McCarthy - If Wigan go down would gladly pay up to 10m for him. Would play the Sylla role. Box to box. Good passer

Maloney - Would fit in well in the Weimann or Agbonlahor role where we are short of options. Skilful, good passer. Takes a very good set piece

Knockaert - If we get rid of N'Zogbia i feel he would be a very good replacement as Leics aren't going up (mostly due to his missed pen). Great energy and attitude. Skilful. Good set pieces, low wage

Lescott  - great in both boxes, would be a great partner to vlaar. Could also play left back when needed

Huddlestone - would play the Westwood role. Not first choice at spurs. Brilliant passer. Tall. Can take set pieces

McCarthy - If Wigan go down would gladly pay up to 10m for him. Would play the Sylla role. Box to box. Good passer

Maloney - Would fit in well in the Weimann or Agbonlahor role where we are short of options. Skilful, good passer. Takes a very good set piece

Knockaert - If we get rid of N'Zogbia i feel he would be a very good replacement as Leics aren't going up (mostly due to his missed pen). Great energy and attitude. Skilful. Good set pieces, low wage

MON left a few years ago  ;) .

• Like 2

Martin Lipton has tweeted that we are interested in Soldado from Valencia at a cut price deal.

I just looked, I think you misunderstood. They talking about Spurs targets and he lists Villa (as in David Villa), Soldado & Benteke as possibilities. Soldado is out of our league, if he goes anywhere it'll be Champions league club.

Martin Lipton has tweeted that we are interested in Soldado from Valencia at a cut price deal.

I just looked, I think you misunderstood. They talking about Spurs targets and he lists Villa (as in David Villa), Soldado & Benteke as possibilities. Soldado is out of our league, if he goes anywhere it'll be Champions league club.

Whoops. Thought it seemed a little strange!

we just need to be as sure as we can that we get value for money.

we need to be looking at players with good feet to improve the first touch & overall ball quality in the team.

we don't want to go back to the dark days of paying over the odds for players no better than what we already have.

players need to be on the way up not on the way down

Yeah sounds like a misunderstanding! We all make them though. We have no hope in getting Soldado.

I have done my own bit of research of my own (just to pass the time) in to cheaper/younger players who may be on the move this summer and one of them happened to be linked with us in an article today - although it's from a banned speculation source on this site.

The guy is Thievy Bifouma. French U-21 20yo. Left footed left sided winger predominantly but can play more centrally (probably behind someone as he's quite slight). From the clips I've seen he seems to have a decent first touch, hard worker (key Lambert attribute) and very composed.

Why would he be available? As the artical states he's currently at Las Palmas in the second Spanish division after being loaned out by his parent club Espanyol; where he's got 11 goals and 9 assists in 31 appearances. Espanyol are heavily in debt and are going to have to sell some players. Would probably go for under £3m I would guess.

Another left sided player I liked the look of is 21yo Steven Zuber, from the Swiss club Grasshoppers. More of a traditional crosser of the ball than the shot minded Thievy. Has been a regular in their first team for 4 seasons. Chips in with a half dozen goals and assists per season for them. He may not be dynamic enough going forward for Lambert though. I imagine he'll be off somewhere else this summer though.

Georginio Wijnaldum would be an amazing signing from PSV, or Nacer Chadli at FC Twente! really think we could do with a midfielder who can chip in with a few goals because relying on the front 3 for 95% of our goals is not going to enable us to push on! Pity Holman isn't a better player really

• Like 1