Sunderland

Richard

I hope they get relegated because of the way they their fans reacted to Lambert's name being linked the Manager's job when Poyet got sacked. Ironically if they do go down I could see him ending up there and doing a good job, hopefully not.

That's such a bizarre reason for wanting a team to go down. Surely that can't be the most important reason for you?

I hope they get relegated because of the way they their fans reacted to Lambert's name being linked the Manager's job when Poyet got sacked. Ironically if they do go down I could see him ending up there and doing a good job, hopefully not.

That's such a bizarre reason for wanting a team to go down. Surely that can't be the most important reason for you?

Mostly because of the way they talk about us on readytogo.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Now charged.

England and Sunderland footballer Adam Johnson has been charged with three offences of sexual activity with a child under 16.

The 27-year-old, from Castle Eden, County Durham, was initially arrested on 2 March.

He has also been charged with one offence of grooming.

Footballer Johnson faces sex charges http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32436422

Edited by av1

• 1 month later...

I don't know where Sunderland go from here, they have tried everything from experienced, to tried and tested to young and innovative.

Talk of Big Sam but I can't see him walking into that job, he would need to start yesterday to sort that squad out.

Sam would keep them up.  For next season that should be their goal.  Once you have stability then you progress.  They're still treading water and hiring Sam would be a no-brainer for me.

dont think Allardyce would take it though but he be the best candidate for position. after that its not really a lucrative job that they could take a manager from another top division club maybe Sean Dyche if he doesnt want stay at Burnley

can see them going back to continent for a cheap alternative 

Yeah I can see them doing that alright, but it could be disastrous.  Much like us, they don't have the luxury or the safety net of being able to take a punt on someone without the risk of relegation if it goes in any way wrong.  They need to steady the boat.  A Pulis/Allardyce or dare I say Curbishley type appointment is what they need.  Or else really push the boat out and try to coax someone like Emery in with big bucks.  Stranger things have happened.  He might fancy his chances in the cash-rich Premier League trying to take a relatively unfashionable but decent-potential club like Blunderland (akin to Seville) and making them relevant.  He certainly seems to believe in his own ability and so he should.

not sure the comparisons are fair, before Emery Sevilla have played Champions League and won lot of trophies in last 10 years even nearly won La Liga

also Short seems like an even tighter version of Lerner so doubt would make him a big offer

Â