Sunderland

Richard

Desperate times for them, at the end of the day if AJ is found not guilty (if it goes to court even) he will constantly get taunts from opposing fans, if he plays now and it goes to court Sunderland will have to deal with the repercussions and stigma of playing someone convicted of offences with an underage girl

Debate for another thread but surely this case is a perfect example of why it's unfair that anonymity isn't granted for both parties in the investigation stage. Whether or not he's found guilty, his career as a PL footballer is over.

• Like 2

I agree with the premiss that he is innocent until proven guilty, and that Sunderland should really have supported him from the start on those grounds.

However, after initially suspending him only to overturn that,  given the situation they are in, it does seem that they have decided to place their survival above any sort of moral stance.

Debate for another thread but surely this case is a perfect example of why it's unfair that anonymity isn't granted for both parties in the investigation stage. Whether or not he's found guilty, his career as a PL footballer is over.

I'm not sure what the ruling is, but I think its if the name involved is in the public interest, they should be outed, could you imagine if this was under the radar, Johnson, out on bail but unknown to the public plays and scores the winner last weekend whilst being investigated for sex offences with a 15 yr old and is subsequently found guilty? Imagine the outcry

Edited by Jimzk5

really? players have been accused of rape in the past and were cleared and their careers arent over

He's an absolute dinosaur.

Anyone remember Howard Wilkinson...

Good times.

Last English manager to win the League (back when it was the First Division!)

Says more about the state of English managers.

Sorry, not on topic at all.

really? players have been accused of rape in the past and were cleared and their careers arent over

This is different due to the emotive nature of it.

'Shes 15 my lord'

'She said no my lord'

And a quiet rendition of the manure fans' 'Adam Johnson, paedophile...' which didn't quite take off.

I can only imagine that will get worse now that hes playing.

Amazing that their moral stance has suddenly changed now relegation is likely.

Edited by ThisCouldBeRotterdam

Really hope West Ham can beat them on the weekend, trouble is I read somewhere that West Ham have only won once in the last thirteen games, hopefully they're due a win. Need to burst Sunderland's mini bubble.

Â