Sunderland

Richard

Just to think a couple of weeks ago their forum as full of threads denouncing all the journalists as ignorant for tipping them for relegation :lol:

That squad has to be one of the worst I've seen in the league, mid-table championship quality if that.

In their petition to Ellis Short they demand 'Ellis short put some money back into the team instead of pocketing it all for himself' they seem to be ignoring a few things:

- Last accounts show a 9m loss

- Year before that show a 13m loss

- They've spent 15m net this Summer (if they end up stuck with Alvarez following the legal case), if not they've still spent 8m net and this is most likely coming out of Short's pocket

was said earlier Di Canio copped onto it early and while he probably went to the extreme very early he was spot on about a lot of things.

Players like Cattermole, Larsson and O'Shea are absolute garbage yet they have played a lot of games under a 5th manager now. 

Yeah their team is truly awful. They've sold some players for good money over the past few years, Bent and Henderson to name a couple. They've invested that money terribly. Really hope they go down, the dullest team in the Premier League.

In their petition to Ellis Short they demand 'Ellis short put some money back into the team instead of pocketing it all for himself' they seem to be ignoring a few things:

- Last accounts show a 9m loss

- Year before that show a 13m loss

- They've spent 15m net this Summer (if they end up stuck with Alvarez following the legal case), if not they've still spent 8m net and this is most likely coming out of Short's pocket

A bit like Lerner and Villa! 

Dick Advocaat tells Sunderland players they are all for sale
 Sunderland manager says club is already facing relegation fight 

Advocaat says Jermain Defoe will not play as centre-forward

3000.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
 Sunderland lost to Norwich in the Premier League on 15 August, their second defeat of the season. Photograph: Alex Livesey/Getty Images

After saying every senior Sunderland player is available for sale Dick Advocaat declined invitations to confirm he intends to see out his one-year contract.

“I don’t want to discuss that now,” he said. “It’s not an issue, we’re concentrating on the Swansea game.” Even so, it is clear he is not exactly thrilled with a side tthat have conceded seven goals in two games. “Every player is for sale,” said a man already braced for a relegation battle. “If the player wants to go then he can go.”

He hopes any departures would fund new arrivals. ”I have definitely said to our owner [Ellis Short] we needed five or six new players,” he said. “He says we have four or five [already]. But I said we need quality players. You always get what you pay for. But I have to be fair to the owner; he never mentioned a figure to me.

“We can compete to stay in the league, but no more. Financially, at the moment we can’t compete with other clubs.” Asked if Sunderland faced a relegation fight, he said: “Yes, the problem is that all the other teams are spending fortunes, and we cannot.”

Sunderland’s manager also made it plain Jermain Defoe will not be offered a central attacking role: “Jermain Defoe will play on the left or the right side – or on the bench. Nobody can tell me where he has to play. I decide which player plays where, not players.”

Clicky

They are just a shambles at the moment.

Edited by Keyblade

I saw that and had a look at their squad. Probably worth 10m maximum, when you take into account the ridiculous contracts some of them are on.

I am not saying Lambert is a martyr or anything but they really need someone prepared to put their CV on their line and clean that club up for good.

It is going to get worse before it gets better, maybe they will get lucky like we did.

I am not saying Lambert is a martyr or anything but they really need someone prepared to put their CV on their line and clean that club up for good.

They had one and the board bottled and got rid of him because he was upsetting the poor little players by banning ketchup and mobile phones

Their forum is literally the angriest place on Earth. Reading the 'Louise Taylor' thread currently on their front page, it's like walking through the waiting room of an anger management clinic which is running three hours behind schedule. 

So he wants someone to do his laundry, water his plants, fill his fridge, book his holidays and spa days and in their spare time, "create a global brand for the Jermain Defoe name".

You couldn't make it up.

Clearly Defoe can't even wipe his own arse, totally out of touch with reality. It's not like he hasn't got time to do a lot of that stuff, training on a day to day basis is less than the standard 8 hour work day.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â