Sunderland

Richard

And then what? You are stuck with Pulis for the next 5 years

When is a team ever stuck with a manager they don't want for 5 years. He's gone when they say he's gone.

How hasn't Di matteo landed a job yet. He won the champions league ffs.

because he is not a good manager and Chelsea were lucky to win both against barca and Bayern..... Avram grant was 1 penalty kick away from winning CL too

Or Di Matteo isnt stupid and knows that he is in a great bargaining position after not managing after his Champions League win and can pick and choose any team he wants instead of first offer

Yeah I'd be more on that side of things Zatman. It doesn't matter how lucky some people think he was. The fact of the matter is he won the Champions League and there aren't many managers can say that. Plus he didn't exactly take over a smooth ship either. Villas-Boas' tenure was relatively disastrous and there was work to be done and he did it. I'm not claiming he's Mourinho mark 2 but in terms of bargaining positions, his is a pretty good one at the moment.

How hasn't Di matteo landed a job yet. He won the champions league ffs.

because he is not a good manager and Chelsea were lucky to win both against barca and Bayern..... Avram grant was 1 penalty kick away from winning CL too

Di Matteo wasn't interested apparently and you can't really blame him.

Alan Pardew says hi.

We'll see how long he actually keeps that job.

Besides, I was meaning that the board would probably be content with keeping Pulis for 5 years and not rocking the boat again if he is keeping them from relegation but the fans will be stuck with him and his Rugby style of football for that time.

Di Matteo didn't want the Sunderland job, Poyet rang him up last week. I think Pulis said he wasn't interested either.

Ralf Ragnick was linked the other day aswell, he'd have been an interesting option.

he seems to get linked with every job in England. am sure he was linked with us after MON and Baggies last summer

As for Pulis ... I doubt you or many others would have welcomed either of those here. I doubt Sunderland fans would have wanted them either.

In the situation Sunderland currently find themselves. With 1 point and rock bottom, I think Pulis wouldn't have been a bad shout. Their only target should be survival and he'd at least have made them hard to beat.

Exactamundo

This probably needs a new title. Poyet named as new Sunderland boss

My prediction (fwiw), he is not what they need and he'll take them down.

Who would you have gone for then?

It's not like there is a whole host of top managers looking to take over a team in last place with 1 point after the summer window has closed.

I think it's a pretty good appointment myself. It was looking like it was going to be McLeish at one point!

Mackay.

• 2 weeks later...
Â