Sunderland

Richard

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sunderland-star-steven-fletcher-spits-3036626#.UtvevRDFLIW

Fletcher also filmed the sickening London incident, in which the grinning Scottish international deliberately flobbed on the driver's back

Sunderlands-Steven-Fletcher-scores-his-sCelebration: Fletcher also enjoyed disgusting incident in London
Action Images

Premier League star Steven Fletcher filmed himself spitting on the back of a rickshaw driver taking him on a night out.

Then the shameless £12million Sunderland striker proudly posted a picture of the cabbie’s phlegm-covered jacket on Instagram with the message “Al spit on ya back ya c***.”

Scottish international Fletcher also filmed the sickening incident on his mobile as the rickshaw took him and a pal through the streets of London.

During the video, which he also posted, Fletcher, 26, can be seen grinning alongside his giggling friend.

Footage and images of the vile incident – which drew appreciative comments from several of his followers – were later removed from the player’s account.

Black Cats fans will be shocked by the behaviour of their £40,000-a-week striker. There are around 150 bicycle rickshaw – or pedicab – drivers working in London. They are mainly foreign students striving to pay for their studies.

In stark contrast to ­Fletcher’s wealthy lifestyle, many struggle to make enough to cover the expense of running the cab, despite working dangerous night shifts in busy traffic.

The Scot is not the first Sunderland player to have been in trouble off the field in recent seasons.

Last year midfielder Stephane Sessegnon, 29, now with West Brom, was banned after admitting drink driving. Fletcher shares a £650,000 country home in Co Durham with beauty queen partner Rachel Monaghan, 21, and daughter Darcy-Mae.

Fashion-mad Fletcher sparked fury among fans in 2012. He tried to flog his new ­clothing range to 100,000 Twitter followers just hours after a Scotland defeat made it almost impossible for them to qualify for this summer’s World Cup finals.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sunderland-star-steven-fletcher-spits-3036626#ixzz2qr1VgW9R 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Scum.

• 4 weeks later...

Sunderland boss Gus Poyet is dreading a draw in this weekend's FA Cup clash with Southampton as the fixture pile-up is ruining his survival plans.

Poyet has steered Sunderland out of the Premier League drop zone and into the Capital One Cup final since he took charge at the Stadium of Light in October.

But the Black Cats have been given little respite this season as they next face Southampton in the FA Cup fifth round, while a number of their drop rivals take a much-needed rest.

Poyet insists it's "impossible" for him to plan ahead and has urged football's governing bodies to radically change the fixture schedule.

"It's something that should be resolved early," said the Uruguayan. "I think we - I put myself in that we - part of football in England, we put ourselves in situations we shouldn't.

It's tough, we like to plan ahead. It becomes impossible. We're changing weekly. There are things you can cope with, but when it's constant, it becomes a little bit of a problem and I don't like that.

"We don't know what we are going to do in 10 days, maybe 12. It's not right and if somebody can say to me 'that's right', then we've got a really different opinion on something easy. There is no common sense."

Poyet has been trying to manage his players' workload as they target wins in the league and cup during the crucial closing months.

He is hoping to avoid more uncertainty over fixtures and admits a draw against Saints would be worse than a defeat.

"Yes, because I want to have my next three months done and dusted and clear," he said.

"When we take a decision on a player like (Steven) Fletcher not to play for a couple of weeks, we know who we are playing in the next two weeks.

"Right now we don't and that's wrong. If it was a manager responsible, he would get the sack, but it's not a manager, so he won't get the sack."

gus getting out his pram again

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

He's right. England doesn't help their clubs at all with the fixtures. It's a contributing factor to the chamions league woes recently.

During the third round of the FA cup, with the league fixtures I can understand, the man is moaning about a potential replay here because they had a midweek game called off because of adverse weather

I really don't see what he is moaning about, does he want the FA to say "if you draw the game, the replay will be on such date" which equally will impact on Southamptons season?

Replays were designed for a time when teams really valued the cup. You could try to draw away then get the win at home, a smart tactic. Now, the league and Europe if you're there are more important, so sides don't try the draw away win at home strategy because they don't want th extra game.

Edited by Rovers13

• 1 month later...

Apparently they played an ineligible player? That's the kind of thing an African country does, not a Premier League outfit. Anyway they'll probably get a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

Edited by Voinjama

It seems Ji played four games he shoudn't have. Apparently Hartlepool were deducted 3 points a couple of seasons ago for fileding an ineligble player in one match, probably different rules for the premier though.

It seems they were already punished in December under the radar by the premier league.

But if they manage to stop up now by a few points there might be a few lawsuits coming their way.

They actually lost 3/4 games he played in so they'd only lose 1 point from this (although given their position that still is very crucial).

It does seem incredible at prem level this oversight can still happen but I still remember the Ommonoydi or whatever he was called from years back when we beat West Ham.

A part of me wants to see them stay up by a point (or on goal difference) just to see what the repercussions would be. I think if they'd picked up more points with him playing then a bigger deal might have been made about it. The league now are hoping they go down just to avoid any arguments.

There's a massive cavern of difference between what Sunderland have done and what west ham did

Sunderland signed the player 3 years ago, played him for ayear and a bit and sent him kn loan to Germany, when he returned he started playing for Sunderland again. Neither the club or the premier league realised that they had to register him as a premier league player, but why would you need to when he has been a Sunderland player all along?

west ham willfully and knowingly signed and played not 1 but 2 players who were ineligible because they had 3rd party ownership over them, it still pisses me off that they got away with a £5.5million fine when they should have been relegated without points for what they did.

I don't think that's quite right either though.

At the time there was no rules about 3rd party ownership on players. There is now, but west ham's offence was not disclosing that they were 3rd party owned, not the fact that they were played.

I think... Happy to be corrected

It's all over twitter that Colback as agreed to sign for Newcastle in the summer, I'm sure that'll please the Sunderland fans.

I was surprised he was linked with Liverpool and Everton, he's a tidy player but doesn't seem to impress himself on games enough, reminds of Bannan a bit.

Edited by useless

Â