Sunderland

Richard

I think it's a good choice too.  A young up and coming manager in my view and I think he'll do well.  Lacking a CV/portfolio and being young often come hand in hand but you have to start somewhere and a league title, funding or otherwise, is a good thing.  He has at the very least shown he can motivate and organise a team and has done so with dignity and no fireworks.  That at least makes him very different from the hilarity that he is replacing.

Although hopefully Sunderland is too big a mess and he ends up 'doing well' somewhere else :)

Any idea why he got the boot from Brighton?

He may or may not have been the one who took a shit on the Crystal Palace changing room floor during the promotion playoffs whereupon an internal investigation deemed it appropriate to sack him while saying that "in order to ensure and maintain confidentiality and dignity throughout this process, no further details of the disciplinary or appeal hearings would be released at this time."

• Like 2

Re Tamuff_villa

The reason for Poyet's sacking has not been revealed by either party, with Brighton saying the matter would stay confidential "to ensure and maintain confidentiality and dignity" after the former Chelsea midfielder's unsuccessful appeal against his dismissal.

Gross misconduct, neither have revealed the reason.

BOF beat me to it ;-)

So he is the kind of person that may have taken a shit on an opponents dressing floor, then despite his employers keeping the reasoning for the sacking secret to protect his reputation and dignity vows to sue them, he also defends a racist cheat for biting, has had just one managerial appointment in the lower leagues and now people think he'll be a success at Sunderland :o  :o .

No, can't see it myself its got all the hallmarks of another train wreck. Time will tell I spose.

He can`t do a worse job than DeCanio.

Can he?

Mate when a lot of people (including Sunderland fans) think AM would have been a improvement on di crazy one, it is my opinion that no one could do a worse job than di canio.

What I would say is that this (should it go through) appointment has surprised me. As tamuff_villa kind of alluded to, this is a another guy that could go "one way or another" a risk if you will. After the last train crash I'd have thought they would be looking for a safe pair of hands so to speak. Ballsy appointment imo.

Slighty ot, but any man that defends the use of the word nigger, is, imo mad as a box of frogs.

Di canio got slated for his fascist views, I wonder if poyet will be equally slated for his defence of calling someone a nigger? Sadly, I think not.

Slighty ot, but any man that defends the use of the word nigger, is, imo mad as a box of frogs.

Di canio got slated for his fascist views, I wonder if poyet will be equally slated for his defence of calling someone a nigger? Sadly, I think not.

That word wasn't used. The word used was the Spanish term 'negrito' and the ensuing confusion/discussion was over the precise connotations of the word's colloquial meaning in every day Spanish usage. Suarez's argument being that it was a non-offensive term akin to calling someone 'pal' or 'buddy'.

Why would a manager take a dump on the floor of an opposing team's changing room?!

When you gotta go.

Slighty ot, but any man that defends the use of the word nigger, is, imo mad as a box of frogs.Di canio got slated for his fascist views, I wonder if poyet will be equally slated for his defence of calling someone a nigger? Sadly, I think not.

That word wasn't used. The word used was the Spanish term 'negrito' and the ensuing confusion/discussion was over the precise connotations of the word's colloquial meaning in every day Spanish usage. Suarez's argument being that it was a non-offensive term akin to calling someone 'pal' or 'buddy'.

Why would a manager take a dump on the floor of an opposing team's changing room?!

When you gotta go.
Fair point mate I didn't know that. What I would say though, given the argument, pal or buddy doesn't seem to fit with the occasion. But I may be wrong.

Also I'd add, that if the colloquial meaning was "mate" why did he recieve a ban?

Edited by av1

So it was Poyet who did the dirty in the palace dressing room? Did I miss something?

Lots of rumour and speculation mate, followed by his sacking for gross misconduct. As far as im aware (could be wrong) there is no official statement on the matter.

Â