Sunderland

Richard

Some odd people on those Sunderland forums. Many type in the manner of which they speak, throwing in "like" at the end of their sentences.

Then there's threads like this

:unsure:

If that's a parody of the north, it's hilarious.

If it's not...**** me.

However much of an arse Di Canio is, this also seems a fair point:

...Di Canio can count himself unlucky after trying to incorporate 14 summer signings made by Roberto De Fanti, the club's director of football, into his squad. Of those recruits 13 were foreign and only five had previous Premier League experience. Their failure to communicate properly forfeited a series of goals – and points – at set pieces...

I can't believe there are 14 new players. Jesus. Basically what Lambert has tried to do with us (overhaul the whole squad) over a period of 2 seasons, but they tried to do it in 2 months.

It was never going to work, Altidore looks a shadow of the player I thought he had become in Holland too.

McLeish, as I said earlier on, I wouldn't wish him to manage my worst enemy. Hope for them he isn't in the frame.

Some odd people on those Sunderland forums. Many type in the manner of which they speak, throwing in "like" at the end of their sentences.

Then there's threads like this :unsure:

If it's not...**** me.

Wish it was a parody :unsure:

I can't believe there are 14 new players. Jesus. Basically what Lambert has tried to do with us (overhaul the whole squad) over a period of 2 seasons, but they tried to do it in 2 months.

It was never going to work, Altidore looks a shadow of the player I thought he had become in Holland too.

McLeish, as I said earlier on, I wouldn't wish him to manage my worst enemy. Hope for them he isn't in the frame.

I want McLeish to get it - victory over Sunderland with him as their manager would be so sweet, especially if said victory was achieved by way of attacking football.

Edited by Mantis

Then there's threads like this :unsure:

If it's not...**** me.

Wish it was a parody :unsure:

Been reading it.

Just....

...words fail me

• Like 1

If Di Matteo takes it, he will be following in the steps of the late, great Tony Barton. Former european cup manager dropping down his demands and taking over a unglamorous side in the east of england. Not that I am saying Northampton and Sunderland are similar but....

Edited by The Fun Factory

sadly, a very smart move. Should never have been hired in the first place. Relegation spots just lost an automatic pick though

He did keep them up last season so ultimately fulfilled his short-term purpose. Probably the right decision sacking him this early though. Clearly too much of a risk keeping him now his initial impact has worn off (thanks to us).

Yeah but you could say McClueless fufilled his short-term purpose of keeping Villa up. At least we had the decency of showing him the door, and not giving him the thick end of 20 million to spunk on 14 players.

He just doesn't help himself, needs to have a few lessons in man-management and public relations before he applies for a similar job in the future I feel

I think he needs a brain transplant with a sane person before he ever applies for a football managers job in the future. Mad as a box of frogs.To say to he was a short term solution at blunderland is a bit like saying a nuclear attack is the short term solution for war.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Shearer did talk some garbage on MOTD. Kevin Kilbane is quite eloquent. To me Di Canio was only ever a short term solution for Sunderland. They should probably have got rid of him at the end of last season.

I agree there. Di Canio kept them up when they would have almost certainly been relegated had O'Neill stayed. Sunderland still probably consider themselves up on the deal. 

• Like 1

Â