Sunderland

Richard

They mention Di Canio behaving like a dictator...

I'm shocked, shocked that a fan of Mussolini would behave like a dictator!

Well, some of the players criticised his no-nonsense approach to coaching, but at least the training ran on time.

• Like 4

I think what annoys me most about Di Canio is that he's such a hypocrite. He was hardly a saint in his playing days himself.

but he is talking about professionalism. A lot of his managers say he was the most professional player they had. He even hired his own fitness coach at one club to improve his personal fitness.

Some of the things he did as a player were hardly professional.

I think what annoys me most about Di Canio is that he's such a hypocrite. He was hardly a saint in his playing days himself.

but he is talking about professionalism. A lot of his managers say he was the most professional player they had. He even hired his own fitness coach at one club to improve his personal fitness.

pushing the referee and a a tantrum at Glenn Roeder which he was probably right. except for that cant think of much else in Premier League unless you count catchign the ball for an injured goalkeeper

pushing the referee and a a tantrum at Glenn Roeder which he was probably right. except for that cant think of much else in Premier League unless you count catchign the ball for an injured goalkeeper

What about this?

Just imagine if a player under him had done those things. What do you think his reaction would be?

Can't remember a managerial sacking for as long time where there was SO MUCH briefing to the press about the circumstances.

Maybe not since our own Mr O'Leary took the long walk.

Sunderland 2013 = equivalent to Villa in 2006?   :)

Nah, Sunderland 2013 are Villa 2011. It's McLeish's turn now. :lol:

What about this?

Just imagine if a player under him had done those things. What do you think his reaction would be?

I cant stand the man,  really,  I wanted him to remain there as long as possible to do them harm.

BUT,  on this clip he may say at least he was showing passion (and then say his players aren't capable of it). He may even say he was recognising that him being on the pitch was not helping his team as he was being targetted and not getting decisions because there was some bias against him,  there were at least two stone wall pens there,  and that trying to get substituted was trying to benefit the team because they were playing with ten men with him on the pitch (then say he showed more teamwork than any of his players who wouldn't understand team work if they were given a lecture in it from Mr T. Eamwork,  the teamwork lecturer)

Edited by Richard

It's kind of ironic isn't it?

2 weeks ago he challenged a ref to send him off, who duly obliged.

This week (if the story's are true) he challenges the players to get him the sack, and they duly oblige.

Keep your mouth shut in future you headcase.

So another manager find it hard to tell O'Neill's players what to do when taking over from him....

That's true.  Although 1) di Canio would have done that to anyone's players and 2) he also found it hard to talk to the 13 or 14 players he himself had brought in.  So I think I'll begrudgingly give O'Neill a pass on this one :P

Apparently McLeish was on Talksport declaring his interest in the job. Get your popcorn out lads, this could get interesting.

is it that easy? might go on Talksport and declare my interest as well

Clearly desperate, but frankly the list of potential managers is at best, uninspired, so he must fancy his chances.

Imagine Di Canio being Ballotelli's manager. That would be amazing viewing.

I'd like to see a training ground discussion involving those two and John Hartson.  I expect it would be a calm, reflective, unemotional chat about tactics.

Â