Rating and Reactions: Villa - Man City

limpid

Let's be brutally honest, Ci£y won without getting out of first gear .

And to cap it off lambert subs were again ridiculous . NZogbia off for holman wtf

Kea did ok but offers little

I thought we looked better when all the subs were on. Still looked awful like.

Let's be brutally honest, Ci£y won without getting out of first gear .

I actually think that under estimates the good defensive work we did. The talent they have available could mean you get over run and concede hat full as happened in the reverse fixture.

I think Lambert has mostly solved the defensive issues but unfortunately not solved our total inability to turn possession and time in the opponents half into end product. The last 10 minutes last night was typical. We threw everything at them and a better team could and should have equalised. Sadly this is Villa and we could still be playing now and we would not have scored.

Overall lots of earnest endeavour with no end product.

Tried hard but again nowt to show for it, again!

I never expected anything from this game but we need to play that way against the lesser teams, I have no idea how we will get enough points from the games left though to stay up.

I guess we "go again"

Lambert should have taken Delph off instead of Westwood. Yellow always coming, need to be smart and think of the next 2

Hindsight ay?

If we'd taken Delph off, Lambert would have been blasted for taking off our best player.

• Like 1

Half of me feels the same way I did about the Arsenal game, i.e Only 1 short of a draw, which is good for us against 2 top teams. But then, on the other hand, we need to be winning games now rather than "playing well considering....". Hope that Reading is the start of something now.

Lambert should have taken Delph off instead of Westwood. Yellow always coming, need to be smart and think of the next 2

Hindsight ay?

If we'd taken Delph off, Lambert would have been blasted for taking off our best player.

Plus Westwood was having a mare - it was definitely the right call at the time.

Well we huffed and we puffed, but only really looked like scoring once - the clearance of the line. I agree with the above assessment that they won without really getting out of first gear, although they did put us under a bit more pressure than that late in the 1st half when Braddy made those 2 good saves.

Worst bit was the bus breaking down on the way home. I always use the train, but for the last 8pm kick off I was literally seconds away from missing the last one out of New Street to home, so rather than tempt fate and risk being stranded in Birmingham, I thought I'd take the bus. You know, seeing as it's at least guaranteed to get back home. Right? Wrong! Wound up back at Nuneaton bus station at quarter to 1. 3 hours from VP to home )`:

Where are these good ratings for Gabby coming from? He was **** woeful. Last 20 minutes was blowing out his arse too, not too sure why he stayed on the pitch instead of Weimann.

I was delighted when I saw that Rodwell was playing, and it showed as I thought we were the better team in the first 20 minutes. Was typical that he then got injured and changed the whole game in City's favour.

Westwood frustrates me, he obviously has quality on the ball but seems afraid to push on and support the attacks, isn't that the whole point of having Delph in there with him for protection?

Westwood frustrates me, he obviously has quality on the ball but seems afraid to push on and support the attacks, isn't that the whole point of having Delph in there with him for protection?

Agree with this, though I guess he's told by Lambert to stay deep. There was moment in particular where we broke to the half way line with Weimann and had the City defence lop-sided. Westwood got to the halfway line and completely stopped. If he'd busted a gut to get forward, Weimann would've had a simple ball to slot him through on goal. Very frustrating. 

I think that summed us up last night though. The amount of times we got in to good positions to whip a cross in or counter and we fluffed it was very disappointing.

Edited by Milfner

Â