Rating and Reactions: Villa - Man City

limpid

westwood pissed me off because at times he didnt push on or drop in to space, one that jumps out was weiman on a break and when city got numbers back and slowed him down westwood could have overlapped and didnt, he just stood there (andi ended up with a whack in the face)

im glad it wasnt just me that was fuming at Westwood about that

he had a great opportunity to overlap and continue the break but couldnt be arsed

offers us nothing

Man C were clearly not up for that and looked lackadaisical and sluggish from the word go - wonder if they've been for extra training in Dubai?

That was a fantastic oppirtunity to get an unexpected poiint or even three and we totally blew it. This is why I despair about our ability to get out if this mess.

Delph was my MOTM until he got booked and then tried to convert it to a red by arguing with the ref, silly boy. I think there was no MOTM. Maybe Guzan.

No, it really wasn't like that. We fought to the very end and we pressed them hard. If they looked ordinary it was because of our effort. Give credit where it's due.

Delph was well within his rights to argue with Dean because the yellow card was a nonsense. Should Ashley Young not have argued with the officials when the ball came off the crossbar and they gave a handball and penalty only to have it reversed? Delph stopped arguing when Dean threatened him with going off so he did nothing wrong.

Let's be brutally honest, Ci£y won without getting out of first gear .

And to cap it off lambert subs were again ridiculous . NZogbia off for holman wtf

Kea did ok but offers little

If they didn't get out of first gear it's because we didn't let them. They still won, why not give our players some credit FFS?

Lambert's subs were absolutely fine and gave us some extra energy each time without leaving any gaps or weakening us at all.

Why can no-one accept we only just lost to a far, far better team and we almost got something due to great tactics and effort?

• Like 1

Let's be brutally honest, Ci£y won without getting out of first gear .

And to cap it off lambert subs were again ridiculous . NZogbia off for holman wtf

Kea did ok but offers little

Look at our bench.

Who else could he bring on?

Zog was shit, did **** all. At least Holman put himself about.

I though we looked much better when Holman came on.

Great tactics? Like not subbing off our current best midfielder near the end when one more yellow card will put him out of action for the next two games?

What? Are you serious? He's supposed to see the future? Delph was our best player and might have helped get the equaliser. So now Lambert is supposed to see that Dean is going to give a non-yellow to Delph and sub him before that? At what time? Because obviously all of our 3 subs had been used, so it should have been before that. So before the game maybe?

You really are getting desperate for sticks aren't you?

city were poor, we weren't as poor as normal but still miles off where we need to be, 1 chance

should have been a pen, could have been a foul on clark but clark didnt deserve the luck, so many players that arent good enough, benteke quiet but the service was dire, gabby couldnt get the better of zabeleta, westwood looked out of his depth, delph good but a stupid yellow card, guzan the usual great stuff, nzogbia is long gone, absolutely robbing a living

Thats not the game I saw - well organised and worked very hard against much better team

I thought Westwood was neat, tidy and pretty decent

Westwood neat and tidy other than when he thumped the ball out with 15 minutes left for a throw when a simple 20 yard pass along the floor would have done. A simple pass could have created a chance that could have been an equaliser. Margins.

Yes he mishit a pass but you're wrong because a pass along the floor wouldn't have got there - he needed to hit it but just overhit it

Westwood had a decent game

Great tactics? Like not subbing off our current best midfielder near the end when one more yellow card will put him out of action for the next two games?

What? Are you serious? He's supposed to see the future? Delph was our best player and might have helped get the equaliser. So now Lambert is supposed to see that Dean is going to give a non-yellow to Delph and sub him before that? At what time? Because obviously all of our 3 subs had been used, so it should have been before that. So before the game maybe?

You really are getting desperate for sticks aren't you?

Nope, but he should at least think about the games ahead. I agree that it wasn't a yellow but some referees are shit, and Mike Dean was that tonight.

Sticks? What the **** are you on about?

Oh and I forgot about the foul against Gabby where he just used his strength to shield the ball against Zabaletta. He had a great opportunity there and no way was it a foul.

Dean had a shocker really.

Guzan – 10 - A good save, a great save, a world-class save, safe hands on crosses and good distribution. Perfection.

Lowton – 7 – Constantly available on the right and defended well. Went close with a near screamer.

Bennett – 5 – Daft and decent in equal measure.

Clark – 4 – Can’t cost the club a result with a brainless mistake and rate higher than this, despite other solid work.

Baker – 6 – Played well enough. Contributed to their being largely non-threatening.

Westwood - 5 – Largely anonymous. Left too much space for Silva.

Delph – 7 - Industrious and skilful. Lacked a final pass. Typically booked in a rash manner.

Wiemann – 5 – Worked hard as usual but zero quality this outing.

N’Zogbia – 5 – Bad Zog made an appearance.

Agbonlahor – 7 – Provided a threat with his probing dribbling.

Benteke – 7 – Might’ve had a goal but for a goal-line clearance and won a penalty but for ref’s obstructed view/reticence. A well-marshalled menace.

Holman – 5 - Didn’t want the responsibility and is lucky to hit grass with his passes.

Dawkins – 6 - OK

El Ahmadi – Not enough time to rate.

Agree more or less, but:

Guzan 9. Well, he did concede a goal :)

Lowton 6. Some excellent play, but also some giving the ball away.

Bennett 6. Getting better every game, didn't see him make any mistakes.

Clark 7-3 = 4

Baker 7. Some good work at crucial times.

Westwood 6. So anonymous that I forgot to rate him at first. Being anonymous isn't a criticism if the team is controlling the midfield, but they weren't. Still, didn't see any major mistakes.

Delph 7 1/2. You said it best. As good as he was, we still lost the midfield battle, as we always seem to.

Wiemann 6. Wot you said.

Zog 4. Offered absolutely nothing today.

Gabby 5 1/2. Nothing seemed to work for him, although he tried.

Benteke: 6 1/2. Winning every header doesn't help if the ball loops slowly through the air and ends in a 50/50.

Subs: Only noticed Holman for long enough. (I'm Brett Holman, watch me play: *shocking ball* *brilliant ball* *shocking ball* *brilliant ball* *shocking ball* *brilliant ball* *shocking ball* *brilliant ball*.........)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Every manager who we've played recently says we won't go down...they are just trying to make their owns team performance look better. Any mug can see we are going down. 

Hmm, a bit of that yes, but they know they've been in a game tonight.

But the thing is, we've almost got something out of perhaps the toughest game of our run-in. There's no reason we can't get something from any of the others. We're all seeing Reading and QPR as the opportunity, when in fact we could very well lose both but win 2 or 3 others and be OK.

Â