Rating and Reactions: Villa - Man City

limpid

well maybe we will see Sylla finally now Delph is suspended

fully expect to see the scottish midget though

another pointless signing to add to Bowery,Dawkins, El Ahmadi etc

How can you dismiss Sylla as pointless already?

Well it was a decent performance against a top team, decent in that on any day we could have lost 0-4. They scored from a howler, but they seriously would have gotten that goal anyway, and they  had two on the inside of the post. We had a few attempts but they defended very well as they always do. As for the penalty it was a clear-cut penalty seeing it again, HOWEVER, from the ref's angle it looks like nothing for some reason and then the only thing to do is not whistle. Sorry to say, but I cannot fault the ref as his position is decent. To see that he would have been long inside the box or between Benteke and Joe Hart, which would have been impossible. Sure, a penalty is a penalty, but if the ref cannot see it then it is not. The linesman however, I would love to see the angle he got to the situation. The kick from Nastasic is blatant and late, without hitting the ball, there is even a case for handball on Benteke.... Anyway, typical that we don't get anything out of it.

Guzan was great as many keepers are when bombarded with hopeful shots, think a few players had a good game and some had a bad game, which is also to be expected when playing City.

All in all, we showed determination but a complete lack of ability. Ah well, expected this and now we pick ourselves up and go again ;) ;)

Clark was unlucky with that, he had a pretty good game apart from that unfortunate mistake. Header cleared off the line, and had a stonewall penalty waved away. Wasn't our day. Also why was Benteke pinned for those fouls, City were pushing and shoving him out the way and the moment he was just standing his ground, its a foul...very poor officiating.

Edited by Cambridge-AVFC

Guzan – 10 - A good save, a great save, a world-class save, safe hands on crosses and good distribution. Perfection.

Lowton – 7 – Constantly available on the right and defended well. Went close with a near screamer.
Bennett – 5 – Daft and decent in equal measure.
Clark – 4 – Can’t cost the club a result with a brainless mistake and rate higher than this, despite other solid work.
Baker – 6 – Played well enough. Contributed to their being largely non-threatening.
Westwood - 5 – Largely anonymous. Left too much space for Silva.
Delph – 7 - Industrious and skilful. Lacked a final pass. Typically booked in a rash manner.
Wiemann – 5 – Worked hard as usual but zero quality this outing.
N’Zogbia – 5 – Bad Zog made an appearance.
Agbonlahor – 7 – Provided a threat with his probing dribbling.
Benteke – 7 – Might’ve had a goal but for a goal-line clearance and won a penalty but for ref’s obstructed view/reticence. A well-marshalled menace.

Holman – 5 - Didn’t want the responsibility and is lucky to hit grass with his passes.
Dawkins – 6 - OK
El Ahmadi – Not enough time to rate.

Edited by Borgs
  • Like 1

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Pretty much agree with the rest of your post, but that is a crazy comment. If you cant see we are a woefully poor team who dont look like creating a chance then your blind.

*you're

Perhaps absolutely was too strong, I'll reduce it to 'not a lot'. We are woefully poor team and we don't look like creating any _clear_ chances, but we've just matched the champions in almost every area. Unfortunately the places we didn't match them are where it counts. That's why their team cost the GDP of an African country and ours cost a large bag of peanuts from Morrisons.

westwood pissed me off because at times he didnt push on or drop in to space, one that jumps out was weiman on a break and when city got numbers back and slowed him down westwood could have overlapped and didnt, he just stood there (andi ended up with a whack in the face)

agree it is margins, the lowton shot which went wide, good effort and good to see him try it, but the reality is he tried it because someone gave him a hospital ball that he could do anything else with

I'm starting to think clubs will be coming in for Guzan. I can see Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal all interested in Brad.

He would be a good backup for any team, but what kind of GK with ambition (now that he is a starter) would settle for that? He is obviously not as good as the ones they have already, at least from their perspective. Ask any Arsenal-fan if they want to trade Szc....., well, I cannot spell his name so I switch to Tottenham instead, Lloris for Guzan?

Man C were clearly not up for that and looked lackadaisical and sluggish from the word go - wonder if they've been for extra training in Dubai?

That was a fantastic opportunity to get an unexpected poiint or even three and we totally blew it. This is why I despair about our ability to get out of this mess.

Delph was my MOTM until he got booked and then tried to convert it to a red by arguing with the ref, silly boy. I think there was no MOTM. Maybe Guzan.

Edited by briny_ear

Let's be brutally honest, Ci£y won without getting out of first gear .

And to cap it off lambert subs were again ridiculous . NZogbia off for holman wtf

Kea did ok but offers little

pointless in the way he is going to be used!

not pointless in his ability which i have no idea of

we needed a physical CM so Lambert bought one to warm the bench

pointless

Let's be brutally honest, Ci£y won without getting out of first gear .

And to cap it off lambert subs were again ridiculous . NZogbia off for holman wtf

Kea did ok but offers little

Look at our bench.

Who else could he bring on?

Zog was shit, did **** all. At least Holman put himself about.

pointless in the way he is going to be used!

not pointless in his ability which i have no idea of

we needed a physical CM so Lambert bought one to warm the bench

pointless

Ah, fair point.

Yeah it is pretty pointless, but then again Lambert's a shit manager so what did you expect?

Â