Rating and Reactions: Villa - Man City

limpid

Guzan MOTM again.

Stupid mistake for goal. Late chance with a corner which is kicked straight out. Delph booked in the 94th minute. We don't make life easy for ourselves.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. We lost to a team with the unlimited funds cheat turned on.

We got **** over by Dean twice. Once for the penalty, but the players really should have been screaming for it. Then the yellow card for Delph for the ball bouncing up and hitting him on the hand. You give yellows for intentional handball, and that was nothing like intentional.

Delph best player by a mile. Yaya Toure wishes he was Fabian Delph.

Play like that against Reading and QPR and we will beat them. We really could have done without that kick in the teeth from Dean though, robbing us of our best player.

• Like 2

Meh.. Neither here nor there. We weren't bad but never really threatened. If we'd played as well as we could have I think we could have got something. Clark is a liability at times but the real loss is going to be Delph in the next two games - he was the business tonight. 

Aside from Clark I didn't think we were that bad. Play like that against inferior opposition and we'll have a chance, problem is these losers will collapse against the likes of Reading and QPR.

Aside from Clark I didn't think we were that bad. Play like that against inferior opposition and we'll have a chance, problem is these losers will collapse against the likes of Reading and QPR.

This..

We play like that and i'm confident we can beat Reading and QPR

Edited by AVFCforever1991

city were poor, we weren't as poor as normal but still miles off where we need to be, 1 chance

should have been a pen, could have been a foul on clark but clark didnt deserve the luck, so many players that arent good enough, benteke quiet but the service was dire, gabby couldnt get the better of zabeleta, westwood looked out of his depth, delph good but a stupid yellow card, guzan the usual great stuff, nzogbia is long gone, absolutely robbing a living

Thats not the game I saw - well organised and worked very hard against much better team

I thought Westwood was neat, tidy and pretty decent

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 1

Actually thought we deserved a draw there, awful pathetic mistake from Clark and the usual defensive frailties but we did look a threat.

Delph again MOTM for me, he has turned his career around 360 degrees to the point where I actually think he is one of our best players, that word removed of a ref did not need to give a yellow, he didn't do anything wrong there, undeserved and now misses the two most important games in our season. Excellent bit of skill aswell around the 79 minute mark.

Gutted as usual but its Man City, they are the champions, although they didn't look particularly great tonight, they have the quality which we unfortunately lack.

Next two games are it for me, we need to win both else we are down, this is what it boils down to. Sylla will have to start next two games instead of Delph.

Guzan was on top form as usual for us, Agbonlahor also showing his usual passion for the shirt, lacking abit of end product.

Thought we played very well considering we played against one of the best teams in the league. Delph was superb today and I'm gutted that he will miss the next two games. Actually thought Bennett did ok too which I didn't expect.

Funny that the away support sang "shit support" after the attendance was announced, they seem to have a very short memory in that part of Manchester. To be fair, most of them probably didn't even support them ten years ago, but still..

We only ever attack one way. Crossing from the fullbacks from deep positions. We had enough of the ball today in City's half to create a number of chances, yet Joe Hart didn't have to make a save.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Pretty much agree with the rest of your post, but that is a crazy comment. If you cant see we are a woefully poor team who dont look like creating a chance then your blind.

Positives - it wasn't the bumming I was expecting, we kept the ball well making man city defend, which was why we didn't create much, but for some (more) calamity defending we could have got something tonight. Holman looked better than he has been.

Negatives - delph played the best match I've ever seen and then gets himself banned for the games that will determine if we go down or not.

Negatives: No points, no goals, THAT corner, Delph to miss the next 2 games.

Positives: looked like we wanted it, no humiliating confidence knocking scoreline, we actually could have gotten something from that.

Delph has really impressed me the past few games and I'm gutted he's going to miss possibly our 2 biggest games of the season.

city were poor, we weren't as poor as normal but still miles off where we need to be, 1 chance

should have been a pen, could have been a foul on clark but clark didnt deserve the luck, so many players that arent good enough, benteke quiet but the service was dire, gabby couldnt get the better of zabeleta, westwood looked out of his depth, delph good but a stupid yellow card, guzan the usual great stuff, nzogbia is long gone, absolutely robbing a living

Thats not the game I saw - well organised and worked very hard against much better team

I thought Westwood was neat, tidy and pretty decent

Westwood neat and tidy other than when he thumped the ball out with 15 minutes left for a throw when a simple 20 yard pass along the floor would have done. A simple pass could have created a chance that could have been an equaliser. Margins.

Â