Rating and Reactions: Villa - Man City

limpid

Honestly, it went better than I expected. Even if city didn`t really show up, that has been an excuse for the last couple of games. I will retract my statement if we lose against reading but honestly, I see us grabbing 6 points in the next two matches. Just furious that once again, a goal was made because of a individual mistake. So typical, but whatever. We should have had more shots today, we offered basically nothing against their goal. Other than that, I think things are looking good(yes I am serious)

We will see though, I have been let down a lot of times this season so nothing is certain. 

Great tactics? Like not subbing off our current best midfielder near the end when one more yellow card will put him out of action for the next two games?

What? Are you serious? He's supposed to see the future? Delph was our best player and might have helped get the equaliser. So now Lambert is supposed to see that Dean is going to give a non-yellow to Delph and sub him before that? At what time? Because obviously all of our 3 subs had been used, so it should have been before that. So before the game maybe?

You really are getting desperate for sticks aren't you?

Nope, but he should at least think about the games ahead. I agree that it wasn't a yellow but some referees are shit, and Mike Dean was that tonight.

Sticks? What the **** are you on about?

and if Lambert had taken Delph off you'd have given him pelters for that

a good performance against the champions and with a little more luck could have got something - 0-1 was the best I thought we could hope for before the match

Edited by VillaCas

Great tactics? Like not subbing off our current best midfielder near the end when one more yellow card will put him out of action for the next two games?

What? Are you serious? He's supposed to see the future? Delph was our best player and might have helped get the equaliser. So now Lambert is supposed to see that Dean is going to give a non-yellow to Delph and sub him before that? At what time? Because obviously all of our 3 subs had been used, so it should have been before that. So before the game maybe?

Nope, but he should at least think about the games ahead. I agree that it wasn't a yellow but some referees are shit, and Mike Dean was that tonight.

a good performance against the champions and with a little more luck could have got something - 0-1 was the best I thought we could hope for

No I wouldn't. Delph was good tonight but we needed him for the games against QPR and Reading.

Man C were clearly not up for that and looked lackadaisical and sluggish from the word go - wonder if they've been for extra training in Dubai?

That was a fantastic oppirtunity to get an unexpected poiint or even three and we totally blew it. This is why I despair about our ability to get out if this mess.

Delph was my MOTM until he got booked and then tried to convert it to a red by arguing with the ref, silly boy. I think there was no MOTM. Maybe Guzan.

No, it really wasn't like that. 

Yes, it really was. We scrapped hard, created little but might have got 0-0 or even sneaked a win and blew the match through a stupid mistake. It's hard to see how anyone can come away from that match with a different analysis. 

As for saying it was OK because Delph stopped arguing it the ref when he threatened to send him off, well LOL, he was lucky he had a ref who was prepared to make the offer and not just pull out the red straight away. He's a stupid boy.

Delph booking is a bit of a wounder but in reality he is only missing the Reading game out of the big two as there is no way he would have made it as far as QPR without a ban.

I feel a bit down about it all at the moment but we've made it past two horrible fixtures without being punished by those around us. At least we can go into the next two MASSIVE games with them as must wins to drag ourselves up the table rather than must wins to rejoin the pack.

• Like 1

Man C were clearly not up for that and looked lackadaisical and sluggish from the word go - wonder if they've been for extra training in Dubai?

That was a fantastic oppirtunity to get an unexpected poiint or even three and we totally blew it. This is why I despair about our ability to get out if this mess.

Delph was my MOTM until he got booked and then tried to convert it to a red by arguing with the ref, silly boy. I think there was no MOTM. Maybe Guzan.

No, it really wasn't like that. 

Yes, it really was. We scrapped hard, created little but might have got 0-0 or even sneaked a win and blew the match through a stupid mistake. It's hard to see how anyone can come away from that match with a different analysis. 

As for saying it was OK because Delph stopped arguing it the ref when he threatened to send him off, well LOL, he was lucky he had a ref who was prepared to make the offer and not just pull out the red straight away. He's a stupid boy.

Hold on, you said this game was a fantastic opportunity to get a point or 3. Man City. The champions. And you still stand by that? Take it you weren't predicting a drubbing in the pre-match thread then?

Honestly, it went better than I expected. Even if city didn`t really show up, that has been an excuse for the last couple of games. I will retract my statement if we lose against reading but honestly, I see us grabbing 6 points in the next two matches. Just furious that once again, a goal was made because of a individual mistake. So typical, but whatever. We should have had more shots today, we offered basically nothing against their goal. Other than that, I think things are looking good(yes I am serious)

We will see though, I have been let down a lot of times this season so nothing is certain. r chanves

Thing is, we need to take our chances when they arise. We could have got something from both the Arsenal and Man C games but we blew both chances and have come away with no points. It's extremely risky to rely on games against our relegation rivals to get the points we need to stay up. The matches against QPR and Reading will be real battles and I doubt our robustness even if we might have the edge in skill.

Delph booking is a bit of a wounder but in reality he is only missing the Reading game out of the big two as there is no way he would have made it as far as QPR without a ban.

I feel a bit down about it all at the moment but we've made it past two horrible fixtures without being punished by those around us. At least we can go into the next two MASSIVE games with them as must wins to drag ourselves up the table rather than must wins to rejoin the pack.

The best case scenario writing off the arsenal and city games, 2 weeks ago was that the gap to those around us didn't get bigger after tonight, it hasn't, and we've got closer to wigans gd after there results. The best we could realistically hope for.

Now need 4 wins and 2 draws from the last 10 needed.

a good performance against the champions and with a little more luck could have got something - 0-1 was the best I thought we could hope for

No I wouldn't. Delph was good tonight but we needed him for the games against QPR and Reading.

Nonsense - So I take it you wouldn't have picked him at all then? because he is likely to get a card at any time

He didn't need to hand ball - he knew what he was doing - absolute idiot

A decent performance marred by an unfortunate mistake

Nonsense - So I take it you wouldn't have picked him at all then? because he is likely to get a card at any time

He didn't need to hand ball - he knew what he was doing - absolute idiot

A decent performance marred by an unfortunate mistake

Of course I would've picked him.

It was never a yellow. Clearly wasn't an intentional handball. Dean was shit tonight.

Well a lot of people on VT predicted we'd lose to arsenal and Manchester city

The boys didn't let us down did they

i predicted we'd be at least a point off wigan so dont actually think its that bad, thought it pretty much all season, certainly since the chelsea game, its all about wigan last game

You cant appeal yellow cards.

We still create nothing from open play. We have two wide players in Gabby and AW and neither of them can cross the ball, we dont have anyone in the middle. So it goes wide, back to centre backs, who play a straight long ball that we wont do anything with.

Id love to see what we work on in training because I cant figure out our plan of attack.

Â