The Randy Lerner thread

CI

OK.............! Im not sure weather you know business, but, Lerner owns the club, ok he makes final decisions. It is Faulkners job to advise Lerner what should happen at the club and to make decsions with the help of the team he has employed. He obviously has zero football knowledge and has employed people who may have very limited knowlege too! If it is his job to look after finances, he has **** up there too by allowing Mcleish to come to our club, this was obviously gonna have a big affect on revenues. Who do you think runs the club when Lerner is not here, who makes the decisions. Ive no doubt Faulker has great business accumen, but not on running a multi million pound football club!!!!!

Like you said Lerner has the final say, Faulkner wasn't in charge of finding a new manager. From what I remember Lerner had used a headhunting business to draw up a list of candidates which McLeish was on. Lerner had final say on McLeish not Faulkner.

And financially? No he hasn't **** up. In the season he has arrived at the club turnover has improved by £15m from the previous season.

So what bad decision has Faulkner actually made without Lerner around?

Im really slating his zero football knowledge. His biggest **** up as we know is agreeing with Lerner McLeish was the right appointment. Im sure Faulkner must have agreed 100% in favour McLeish was the right chioce. If he had any football knowledge he would have strongley advised against his appointment. Its very hard, even if you own the company to undermine any advise from your number 1, i.e Faulkner!

"What's most perplexing is how this anti-football merchant is one of the top 20 highest paid managers in the World. "

one of the comments on that article, surely this can't be true???

All too true, sadly.

It isn't true, apparently.

'apparently'. Well, that really added to our knowledge base.

Sorry.

As posted in the McLeish thread this morning the Sunday Times published a list of the top 20 football managers by salary this morning, and McLeish wasn't on it.

I really will have no idea what Lerner's plans for Villa are if he decides to stick with McLeish for next season. We really have no football people in senior positions at our club.

Come on Randy, make the right decision and bin the turd manager who has the worst stats I have ever seen from a Villa manager...

7 wins from 37, just 4 at home.

2nd lowest goalscorers this season so far (37 goals in 37 games).

1.03 pts per game so far in 2011/2012.

Piss poor. If he stays we know that RL doesn't give a shit about our club any more.

"What's most perplexing is how this anti-football merchant is one of the top 20 highest paid managers in the World. "

one of the comments on that article, surely this can't be true???

All too true, sadly.

It isn't true, apparently.

'apparently'. Well, that really added to our knowledge base.

It doesn't really matter what we are paying him does it. If it turns out its only a pound then its a pound too much.

Im really slating his zero football knowledge. His biggest **** up as we know is agreeing with Lerner McLeish was the right appointment. Im sure Faulkner must have agreed 100% in favour McLeish was the right chioce.

I've never met Paul Faulkner, or heard him talk about football. But how are you so sure he agreed with Lerner? Never been in a position where you've told your boss "Listen, I have reservations about this..." but had to publicly back their decisions?

Randy Lerner has got a major decision to make that will be the start of the the villa or a definate end.

Firstly he has to decided if he is going to gve the fans what they deserve and what is expected from a massive sleeping giant that is heavily underachieving. If Lerner keeps AM on he will have to give hime serious money to stregthen as we have had a massive close shavew this season, and with all the out of contract players they will cost to replace, if Lerner chooses to do this then he has to stay with him for the rest of his contract because as you all know AM cannot buy qulity and a new manager will not want his inferior trash. and there will be no sell value wotsoever. This choice woulf know doubt result in massive loss of revenue and relegation and that would be the end of the villa as we would drift like Leeds have who are a massive club IMHO.

Secondly Lerner pays the idiot what he is owed thanks him for his unnaceptable season at the villa and tell him he is banned for life from entering the stadium, lerner hires a manager that can bring attractive football to the club and make it enjoyable to watch the villa once again. Lerner needs to admit he was foolish to appoint the worst manager in our history if not to us but with his actions and get us back where we need to be Im not suggesting that we spend 100m and get into financial trouble but have a sense of ambition. Mistakes have bee made and they need to be put right.

Lerner if you read this you need to make a decision Keep AM and you will know doubt make the biggest mistake ever which will destroy Villa for a long time or grow a pair and say im wrong I need to redress this situation and make villa what I originally intended and that is a force to be recond with.

Randy its over to you.

A message to who ever reads this thread on our owners behalf.

Randy, this whole season has been a disaster, but we've survived.

Villa deserves better than this and you are the man that can make it happen. You so nearly got it right last summer when you approached Wigan for permission to talk to Roberto Martinez. Our present squad is perfect for Martinez to come in and with a few additions, build a dynasty.

Villa fans know that we can't compete with the super clubs when it comes to spending power, but with the right manager who can coach the very best out of our squad, we can regain our passion and pride next season. We can also enjoy attending Villa Park again.

It's up to you Randy, only you can make this happen. UTV!!!!

My message to Randy is simple. We are not 100% safe on the last day of the season (Obviously it was take something ridiculous to happen)

We did not even play our way out of trouble, we had to rely on an 89th minute goal at Bolton.

The squad we have, we should have finished mid table, even with the injuries.

A disaster. One man in charge. Sack him.

Randy got a little lucky with us staying up, we likely won't get 40 points which is generally considered to be what is needed. Hopefully he makes the most of it and makes a decent appointment. Another fail and the fans at VP will even start to turn on him.

If Randy keeps mcleish he clearly has no cares for the club. It would take an absolute idiot to not realise it will never work, or a disillusiond over ooptimistic American. FWIW I actually think Lerner has been good for the club, he just needs some guidance from someone who knowe something about football...

If Lerner retains the services of mcless he will have made a worse decision than anything ellis ever did and then compounded it. Worse owner than Ellis . Lerner out

I've been quite supportive of Lerner, and certainly think we could go places under him if he appoints a good manager (although he seems incapable of doing this). However, if he keeps McTwat on for next season he's going to lose my complete respect.

Randy if you dont sack McLeish I doubt you wlll be able to get back a quarter of your money you have invested in the club and will have a very long wait before someone thinks there is any value for them in the investment.

This may have been posted before (and I apologise if it has) but just in case it hasn't here is a transcript of the interview conducted with Randy Lerner on WTAM (a radio station in Cleveland) in January of this year.

It could almost have been written about the Villa and it would appear that he is a disastrous owner on both sides of the Atlantic.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/01/quotes-randy-lerner-talks-cleveland-browns-with-wtams-mike-trivisonno/

I think Randy has to choose, Browns or Villa..

That could be like asking someone to choose between having long term diarrhoea or long term constipation. Neither of which is very pleasant.

:lol:

Â