The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Will anyone still support this guy if Mcleish stays?

I don't think Ellis ever just accepted survival.

It seems doing up a pub, buying a mosaic and getting a tattoo make up for the deficiencies of being totally incapable of running a football club or putting in place the chance for the club to be successful which, after all , is what a football club should be all about

I take it you haven't seen Doug's comments on keeping Mcleish then?

I am less concerned about Lerner getting rid of big feck than I am about Lerner's capabilities of appointing the right man this time around. The last two appointments have been clueless at best.

Have I missed something? Is Doug making the decisions?

Of course he's not going to speak out when he's allowed to continue as life president.

If doug was in charge would a manager who performed as badly as Mcleish be here next year?

Doug had plenty of faults but like I said I don't remember our aim being to just survive and cut costs.

Of course he's not going to speak out when he's allowed to continue as life president.

If doug was in charge would a manager who performed as badly as Mcleish be here next year?

Doug had plenty of faults but like I said I don't remember our aim being to just survive and cut costs.

No Doug is not making the decisions.

But he did 'Speak Out'.

He made a very public statement in support of McLeish and stated that Villa would finish in the top 6 next season.

Now unless he is completely cuckoo he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Or do you think Randy held a gun to his head and threatened to trash his Rolls Royce unless he said what he said?

He was asked to put a statement out like all the players were. He could hardly say anything negative and to be fair it was obviously written for him. Does anyone really believe he would have even appointed McLeish if he was still the owner.................I very much doubt it.

But he did 'Speak Out'.

He made a very public statement in support of McLeish and stated that Villa would finish in the top 6 next season.

Or do you think Randy held a gun to his head and threatened to trash his Rolls Royce unless he said what he said?

None of this has anything to do with my original post on the matter.

But he did 'Speak Out'.

None of this has anything to do with my original post on the matter.

No it has something to do with your post that commenced with the words 'Have I missed something'.

People quite often post in response to a previous post. Sounds daft but that is how it works on here.

Sorry, I wasn't being facetious or trying tp start an argument, just you made a comment about how Doug wouldn't do this or that so I wondered if you had read the comments he made recently in support of Mcleish is all. I wouldn't have expected Doug to have thought this way either, now or back when he ran the show.

The one thing we learned under Ellis was if the fans wanted something done then putting Doug under pressure (the pound sign protest) usually got results. Unfortunately it appears that far too many fans would find protesting against Lerner offensive.

McLeish could well be here next season and I can well see the "lets get behind him" posts or "give him till xmas" which would be absolutely the worst thing to do. The time to change managers starts next sunday evening, not in January when you are bottom of the league and not one ambitious **** wants to take the job on.

But he did 'Speak Out'.

I would suspect that HDE is never afraid of giving his opinion, but on a general note they are all on the gravy train... the free tickets, a bit of limelight mixing with the dignatories....They ain't going to piss on their own chips.

Sad, but the only folk you can listen to are your own fans....they are the only ones that feel it like you.

its not even the end of the season yet, so lets wait until after the norwich game to see what RL has up his sleeve. He certainly hasn't come out and said Eck will be here next season, as far as I can tell. He came out and said we need to get behind him and the team for our last three games. Eck has come out and said that he is not going to resign, which would have been the one thing that would have earned him a smidgeon of begrudging respect from the fans.

so he has left it in RL's hands - lets see how he plays it...

As an aside, whatever happened to the General?

its not even the end of the season yet, so lets wait until after the norwich game to see what RL has up his sleeve. He certainly hasn't come out and said Eck will be here next season, as far as I can tell. He came out and said we need to get behind him and the team for our last three games. Eck has come out and said that he is not going to resign, which would have been the one thing that would have earned him a smidgeon of begrudging respect from the fans.

so he has left it in RL's hands - lets see how he plays it...

As an aside, whatever happened to the General?

Well I get this horrible feeling that the statement from the club after the Bolton game was a method of 'buying off' the protests for the Spurs game. The club need to act but probably won't. After what has not happened and not been said my stance is changing a little to think the worst, and he might stay on.

By the way, if you need to ask about the old fella, he is hiding behind his sofa in USA keeping well away from here.

Of course they tried to stem the protests at the spurs game, the priority was all about securing our PL survival

Barring a miracle that is achieved so now let's just get Norwich out the way & see what Lerner does next

It would have been incredibly unseemly and tacky for Randy to sack McLeish straight after securing our survival. Rightly or wrongly it would have shown Randy to be a disloyal and reactionary employer - not a great look if he is going to be trying to convince a new manager to work for him in the near future.

At the very least, from Randy's point of view, McLeish deserves some loyalty because he has worked within the very restrictive parameters set down for him that and he has done so under considerable provocation from the fans and considerable poor fortune in terms of injuries to key players, but he has not really complained and he has not tried to deflect blame for the situation from himself onto Randy.

So while McLeish may well be informed that his services are no longer required at some point I suspect that Randy is seeking to make that happen in a dignified and sympathetic manner, rather than simply stabbing him in the back and dumping his carcass into the arena for the hungry lions to devour.

It would have been incredibly unseemly and tacky for Randy to sack McLeish straight after securing our survival. Rightly or wrongly it would have shown Randy to be a disloyal and reactionary employer - not a great look if he is going to be trying to convince a new manager to work for him in the near future.

At the very least, from Randy's point of view, McLeish deserves some loyalty because he has worked within the very restrictive parameters set down for him that and he has done so under considerable provocation from the fans and considerable poor fortune in terms of injuries to key players, but he has not really complained and he has not tried to deflect blame for the situation from himself onto Randy.

So while McLeish may well be informed that his services are no longer required at some point I suspect that Randy is seeking to make that happen in a dignified and sympathetic manner, rather than simply stabbing him in the back and dumping his carcass into the arena for the hungry lions to devour.

A considered and intelligent post Ponky and I really hope you're right.

exactly.... watch this space...

RL has not come out and said that his support for Eck goes beyond the end of the season and Eck's comments in the press are nothing more than saying I will not be resigning, and if you do not fire me, please can i have some money to buy players...

Â