The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Exactly chappy. You simply can not talk about Carroll's transfer fee without talking about how the scenario came about.

Though I think that fee is a large part of the reason he has been so poor for so long. He's only now coming around.

I had the same argument with a collegue , Carroll would have gone for far less if Liverpool hadn't sold Torres for £50 mil.I do think they over paid for Henderson and Downing as well but all 3 came at a premuim for being English.

All 3 of them are also shite.

Exactly chappy. You simply can not talk about Carroll's transfer fee without talking about how the scenario came about.

Though I think that fee is a large part of the reason he has been so poor for so long. He's only now coming around.

I had the same argument with a collegue , Carroll would have gone for far less if Liverpool hadn't sold Torres for £50 mil.I do think they over paid for Henderson and Downing as well but all 3 came at a premuim for being English.

All 3 of them are also shite.

yeah, downing was dire last year wasnt he

as anything that goes wrong will be Randy Lerner's fault. :winkold:
What do you think it is ok to suggest is Lerner's fault and what do you think is not OK ? I mean he is the owner, he does set the strategy so do you think it is OK for appointments to be his fault? Or club finances / budget ? For example

My opinion has always been that the buck stops with the owner, but he is one of those individuals to whom all things bad, and none of the things good, are attributed, in the eyes of some on here.

I guess that depends upon your stance. I mean I am prepared to recognise the good things he has done. I do not believe they outweigh the bad things or that they should disguise the fact that where it matters for us is on the pitch and the things he has done that he has control over has made that success on the pitch almost impossible for us now.

In terms of how you see the reaction I see the opposite that some on here would not attribute any bad to him or use what he has done to the pub, his tattoo as cover for all the shiteness.

There are some that will not accept any blame to Lerner

as anything that goes wrong will be Randy Lerner's fault. :winkold:
What do you think it is ok to suggest is Lerner's fault and what do you think is not OK ? I mean he is the owner, he does set the strategy so do you think it is OK for appointments to be his fault? Or club finances / budget ? For example

My opinion has always been that the buck stops with the owner, but he is one of those individuals to whom all things bad, and none of the things good, are attributed, in the eyes of some on here.

I guess that depends upon your stance. I mean I am prepared to recognise the good things he has done. I do not believe they outweigh the bad things or that they should disguise the fact that where it matters for us is on the pitch and the things he has done that he has control over has made that success on the pitch almost impossible for us now.

In terms of how you see the reaction I see the opposite that some on here would not attribute any bad to him or use what he has done to the pub, his tattoo as cover for all the shiteness.

I haven't noticed any one on here that does not accept any blame for him, but there you go.

I think that his knockers, some of whom have very credible and articulate viewpoints, devalue their contributions with constant mentions of letters from Ferguson and the legendary tattoo.

Arguing about the definition of an argument is smalltime

I wasn't arguing.

You really haven't got this one cracked have you.

Never mind, adult education might help.

I haven't noticed any one on here that does not accept any blame for him, but there you go.

I think that his knockers, some of whom have very credible and articulate viewpoints, devalue their contributions with constant mentions of letters from Ferguson and the legendary tattoo.

Totally right IMO. That's how it seems to me too.

Oh and adult education is small time ;)

Totally right IMO. That's how it seems to me too.

I agree here. I see very few posts if any defending Lerner.

Brilliant, keep those personal definitions coming.

So far it looks like as long as a protester doesn't know the definition of an argument and doesn't go to adult education classes he or she should be acceptable.

:lol:

Well it appears that our smalltime chairman along with Faulkner wants upto another 10 players of the wage bill...............

One of which could well be Collins who expects to be sold.

collins is shite, and a troublemaker, so no loss there

however where on earth have you heard lerner wants another 10 players off the wage bill? are we only going to pay a first xi or something?

My source works at Villa Park whom I wont reveal, however dont assume that this will all be senior players, some will be the younger first team members,

You wouldn't think selling our youngsters would really affect our wage bill by much though would you?

Just how bad is our wage bill? We've already gotten rid of so many players and now even more? We must have one of the smallest squads in the league already and now we're going to make it even smaller? Just what is going on down at B6?

I have a feeling Stephen Ireland will be one of them on his way out. Partly because he must surely be in the top three earners at the club, if not the highest. Also, and my main reason for thinking this, he is our player of the season. We know what happened to the last two Villa players to gain that title and it won't surprise me one bit if Lerner does it to us again.

You wouldn't think selling our youngsters would really affect our wage bill by much though would you?

Just how bad is our wage bill? We've already gotten rid of so many players and now even more? We must have one of the smallest squads in the league already and now we're going to make it even smaller? Just what is going on down at B6?

I think Gardner is on around £20K + a week

Mykeyb did say young first team members. The likes of Clark, Bannan, Albrighton etc would surely be worth more if sold than senior players like Warnock, Collins, Dunne? They may be on big wages but who will want to buy the likes of them on their wages? But, a few teams might be interested in buying our younger players on smaller wages with a future sell on value.

Sad but more than likely true.

Well it appears that our smalltime chairman along with Faulkner wants upto another 10 players of the wage bill...............

One of which could well be Collins who expects to be sold.

collins is shite, and a troublemaker, so no loss there

however where on earth have you heard lerner wants another 10 players off the wage bill? are we only going to pay a first xi or something?

My source works at Villa Park whom I wont reveal, however dont assume that this will all be senior players, some will be the younger first team members,

i don't buy that for a second

our first team squad consists of 30 players. of those 30 players:

1 is a loan from spurs leaving at the end of the season

1 is going to have to retire due to illness

4 are out of contract at the end of the season

6 have started less than 10 league games in their whole careers

i really don't think we can afford to cut 10 players unless we're cutting the 10 weakest and replacing them with 8 better players

Â