The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If he's speaking because Garde has asked him to speak (as the article implies) then it's not going to be anything interesting.

Remi Garde implies that he's asked them to speak up but they've ignored him. I very much doubt that is an "official" statement.

• Like 2

'Aston Villa, London, England: I have been made aware that I still own a soccer franchise. I was sure I'd asked someone to sell this for me, the future is all about women's five a side cricket and I need to be in at the start on that one to use my sports management knowledge to turn it in to something special.

Anyways, what with the move to the Olympic Stadium I don't see there being a problem selling this baby to some naive foreign type. I must say, when I bought it I was unaware exactly how far away from the nearest tube station it was.

The new manager, Rennie? Remploy? Reggie? he's doing a fine job and will be backed up in the 5 year plan window, whatever that means. 

Is British Soccer League one of those leagues where they have relegation? Or are we ok to just plod on?

Up the Browns. Is it brunch yet?

Any more questions, phone Nicky Keyes.

I'll be honest, I've lost the password to the laptop, much happening?'

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So even the threat of protest has gotten him rattled.

"Pointless" my arse.

I see nothing to believe that this alleged protest has anything to do with the statement. Garde asked the board to make a statement 2 weeks ago.... 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I see nothing to believe that this alleged protest has anything to do with the statement. Garde asked the board to make a statement 2 weeks ago.... 

and he hasn't until now,  a day before the protest and a few days after players and fans had a heated debate in public view

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

- We are trying hard

- We will prepare for next season in order to make an immediate return

- The focus is on building a better future

- Mistakes have been made but we feel we are putting things right

- There is a plan in place now, which is all about building

- The club is still up for sell, I am actively looking for new investment, I understand the club needs stability though and am still looking for a chairman who can lead us forward.

^my entries for word removed bingo

No shunnamite?

I dissapoint

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How many people do you know,  prior to trying to sell their house pick up a sledge hammer and cave every wall in,  pi%% in every corner,  punch holes in the roof,  invite some travelers to set up camp in the back garden, sell anything of value at the auctions and replace with items retrieved from skips on the way home,  put the windows through and pick the whole house up and drop it in Castle Vale upside down,  most people just put on some coffee on for when people come to view the house with a few biscuits maybe and give the lawn a quick mow but Oh no,  Americans do it a bit different.  

Yeah,  really trying to sell it & as for small time,  have we ever been smaller ? Cringworthy,  Somone falling over at a wedding is cringeworthy,  I think we passed cringworthy in September as we were overtaken by "It can't actually get any worse,  oh it is FFS".

The Lion is all we have left FFS,  that's it nothing else. No matter what has happended to us the Lion on the shirt should be enough for these players but it aint.

Castle Vale?

we're not that low yet, but it won't take much longer

4 hours ago, DK82 said:

Unlikely to be a sale, unless it was arranged in a dark room between the word removed and the new owner, with nobody else involved.

itll be bullshit to pacify fans. Maybe we are bidding for Juninho.

Juninho link made me laugh, check it up on ceefax

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How many people do you know,  prior to trying to sell their house pick up a sledge hammer and cave every wall in,  pi%% in every corner,  punch holes in the roof,  invite some travelers to set up camp in the back garden, sell anything of value at the auctions and replace with items retrieved from skips on the way home,  put the windows through and pick the whole house up and drop it in Castle Vale upside down,  most people just put on some coffee on for when people come to view the house with a few biscuits maybe and give the lawn a quick mow but Oh no,  Americans do it a bit different.  

Yeah,  really trying to sell it & as for small time,  have we ever been smaller ? Cringworthy,  Somone falling over at a wedding is cringeworthy,  I think we passed cringworthy in September as we were overtaken by "It can't actually get any worse,  oh it is FFS".

The Lion is all we have left FFS,  that's it nothing else. No matter what has happended to us the Lion on the shirt should be enough for these players but it aint.

Our Lion appears to be a relative of that Cecil lion that got shot by a yank with shit ass excuses. "I didn't know THAT was Cecil, I thought it was the other one, my bad!"

11 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

To be fair, if maybe he said a bit more in the media and gave us the answers to the questions we have been asking instead of hiding like a pussy and throwing managers under the bus, maybe we would feel for him a bit more and cut him some slack.... Probably not... but maybe...

I don't agree. He's never been vocal in the media. When we were 6th and made a genuine push for the CL, he wasn't vocal then. It's not a case of being quiet now the going has got tough. I don't think not speaking to the media enough really warrants people wishing he was dead.

Unless Lerner is going to say he has found a buyer, or he will put in proper investment and have correctly qualified people in the right places at board level, it it is going to just be another piece of pointless PR flim-flam.

Boy the Clevleland Browns were spot on on Lerner. Couldn't run a car.

Given the reactions here, I'm not sure a statement is a good idea.

Still, for this thread at least, hearing "the b****rd will just cobble together a lot of words that mean nothing, I hate him" is a nice change from "the b****rd never speaks to us, I hate him."

• Like 1

Â