The Randy Lerner thread

CI

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have a feeling that if we go down any thoughts of a sale will be shelved until such time as we're able to get promoted and regain some value.

Indeed. After we go down, our value will drop - but further drops into lower divisions wouldn't make much of an impact after that.

That worries me. I suspect Randy will sit on it till it (somehow) "comes good" but be even more aggressive with his cost cutting without realising that's why we dropped in the first place.

We could plummet down the divisions and disappear.

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

That worries me. I suspect Randy will sit on it till it (somehow) "comes good" but be even more aggressive with his cost cutting without realising that's why we dropped in the first place.

I think our cost cutting is relative. We're still spending about what Randy Lerner has always spent - it's just that the game has moved on - clubs like Bournemouth are buying players for eight figure sums. I don't think it's cost cutting per se, I think it's not increasing spending at the rate that the Premier league demands.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think our cost cutting is relative. We're still spending about what Randy Lerner has always spent - it's just that the game has moved on - clubs like Bournemouth are buying players for eight figure sums. I don't think it's cost cutting per se, I think it's not increasing spending at the rate that the Premier league demands.

That's a cut in real terms. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's a cut in real terms. 

It is. And therein lies the problem, and maybe the answer to the thread elsewhere about where things went wrong - I think Lerner came in with a plan to steadily spend somewhere between £10m and £20m a season to make us a force at the very top of English football. Which sounds ridiculous now, but was possible when he took over. Nowadays, that extra money gets you the wages of two players in a top four team, it's ten times more expensive than it was a decade ago. I think his panic at watching it get away from him has resulted in all of our disastrous adjustments, both to ambition and leadership - his spending hasn't reduced all that much in real terms, it's just become increasingly useless.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

For a bloke that never really says anything in the media, for someone we don't know personally, it's pretty alarming how many people actually want him dead.

To be fair, if maybe he said a bit more in the media and gave us the answers to the questions we have been asking instead of hiding like a pussy and throwing managers under the bus, maybe we would feel for him a bit more and cut him some slack.... Probably not... but maybe...

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

For a bloke that never really says anything in the media, for someone we don't know personally, it's pretty alarming how many people actually want him dead.

Nah, just to put right his mistakes, remove the tattoo and **** off.

• Like 1

Or...

Just a big "**** you" from is to him. Why not? What would make such a banner "cringeworthy"? Not every protest has to have such a worthy cause, simply expressing an opinion is equally valid.

Anyone who finds that banner cringeworthy wants to get their head out their arse IMO

Lerner has dropped the price. Selling a football club, certainly with new FFP rules is definitely harder. Just because we won't him to give it away, doesn't mean he will.

You say simply expressing an opinion is a valid thing to do, then call people for sharing my dad's opinion to "get their head out of their arse". Odd.

some text removed by mods

How is it odd? I don't think I've contradicted myself there at all. If so please explain how.

On 1/8/2016 at 21:29, kurtsimonw said:

My dad mentioned he hopes he's nowhere near the banner. Its cringeworthy and small time. It's almost as if people don't realise Lerner has tried to sell the club.

How many people do you know,  prior to trying to sell their house pick up a sledge hammer and cave every wall in,  pi%% in every corner,  punch holes in the roof,  invite some travelers to set up camp in the back garden, sell anything of value at the auctions and replace with items retrieved from skips on the way home,  put the windows through and pick the whole house up and drop it in Castle Vale upside down,  most people just put on some coffee on for when people come to view the house with a few biscuits maybe and give the lawn a quick mow but Oh no,  Americans do it a bit different.  

Yeah,  really trying to sell it & as for small time,  have we ever been smaller ? Cringworthy,  Somone falling over at a wedding is cringeworthy,  I think we passed cringworthy in September as we were overtaken by "It can't actually get any worse,  oh it is FFS".

The Lion is all we have left FFS,  that's it nothing else. No matter what has happended to us the Lion on the shirt should be enough for these players but it aint.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
Cant spell view.
  • Like 1

It will include the words "I am still looking to sell" or some such and then the fan base will be placated or say what's the point of getting upset he wants to go he has told us so. 

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

It will include the words "I am still looking to sell" or some such and then the fan base will be placated or say what's the point of getting upset he wants to go he has told us so. 

This is exactly what it's going to be :lol:

Â