The Randy Lerner thread

CI

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

My dad mentioned he hopes he's nowhere near the banner. Its cringeworthy and small time. It's almost as if people don't realise Lerner has tried to sell the club.

Yep, that's what he said. 

In other news I'm dating Amy Adams.

• Like 1

What AVFC needs : Lerner selling up

Every bit of anger about our relegation needs to be channeled towards making this happen - therefore the banner is a good 'un. We know he wants to sell but he still needs a lot of pressure applied to make this happen.

Plus the media are in the mood to look at why we are so poor so this will DEFINITELY make the TV cameras - good banner, good timing.

Didn't Fox say Lerner was not a motivated seller? If you really want to sell something you try your hardest too. Lerner needs a kick up the ass!

If he the fan he claims to be he would be hurting now like the majority of us are at the current plight of our beloved club and doing everything in his power to do something.

The bloke talks out of his backside he ain't no fan he is a businessman ( a poor one at that too!) We are heading towards the Championship, the club have prepared for the Championship by installing relegation release clauses in contracts! In this rich era of football for a club that has been in the Premier League since it started it is unacceptable!!

Please excuse this if this becomes bunched up i am on tap talk and it doesn't do paragraphs lol!!

24 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Didn't Fox say Lerner was not a motivated seller? If you really want to sell something you try your hardest too. Lerner needs a kick up the ass!

If he the fan he claims to be he would be hurting now like the majority of us are at the current plight of our beloved club and doing everything in his power to do something.

The bloke talks out of his backside he ain't no fan he is a businessman ( a poor one at that too!) We are heading towards the Championship, the club have prepared for the Championship by installing relegation release clauses in contracts! In this rich era of football for a club that has been in the Premier League since it started it is unacceptable!!

Please excuse this if this becomes bunched up i am on tap talk and it doesn't do paragraphs lol!!

I believe he did say that. 

Yet people still believe Lerner is desperate to get rid of us. He's not. He'll be the owner here until he gets the price he wants. 

• Like 3

When you are leaving a job for a new one, always make sure the greater pull is towards getting the new one as opposed to leaving the old one.

In the same parallel.

We should be more excited with a new owner than being desperate to get rid of the old one.

If either is not the case, is not necessarily a good decision.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I believe he did say that. 

Yet people still believe Lerner is desperate to get rid of us. He's not. He'll be the owner here until he gets the price he wants. 

You seem to think that being desperate to get rid and getting the price you want can't go hand in hand.

This "anyone but Lerner" attitude could very well come back to haunt us. I seem to remember many people being desperate for Doug to sell. That's gone well, hasn't it?

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

You seem to think that being desperate to get rid and getting the price you want can't go hand in hand.

This "anyone but Lerner" attitude could very well come back to haunt us. I seem to remember many people being desperate for Doug to sell. That's gone well, hasn't it?

No it hasn't, but sticking with Doug would have just seen us relegated long ago. Like Lerner, it was something that needed to happen. 

And it can't really go hand in hand. If something is for sale for 2 years and you're still after the right price, then you're clearly not desperate. 

If you want to believe it then carry on.

• Like 1

Was down at the left of the end stand we away fans were in today, (I'm sat in my car in case you think I got home with a teleporter!!), Martin O'Neil walked past at half time with the rest of the BT sport crew, got some abuse from some young lads and his response was "but I never left you, you need to ask Mr Lerner"...

• Like 2

No it hasn't, but sticking with Doug would have just seen us relegated long ago. Like Lerner, it was something that needed to happen. 

And it can't really go hand in hand. If something is for sale for 2 years and you're still after the right price, then you're clearly not desperate. 

If you want to believe it then carry on.

Because when you're going to make a loss, it doesn't mean you'll accept making a massive one. If I was desperate to sell my house and nobody wanted it, I wouldn't give it away. I'd wait until the market was better for me. I fully expect Lerner to wait until we're back in the PL and go from there.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Because when you're going to make a loss, it doesn't mean you'll accept making a massive one. If I was desperate to sell my house and nobody wanted it, I wouldn't give it away. I'd wait until the market was better for me. I fully expect Lerner to wait until we're back in the PL and go from there.

Then you're not desperate. And he's not. We're nothing to him. We have zero impact on his day to day life. We're just like something stuck on the shelf, ready to be sold one day if the price is right. 

And until that time we'll continue to be an absolute **** mess of a club.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Then you're not desperate. And he's not. We're nothing to him. We have zero impact on his day to day life. We're just like something stuck on the shelf, ready to be sold one day if the price is right. 

And until that time we'll continue to be an absolute **** mess of a club.

Someone not willing to give their house away for free isn't desperate to move? What a ridiculous thing to say. Youre just posting for effect now. Need to ignore this nonsense.

He needs to **** off ASAP. We are dying under his control. If he was Captain of the Titanic, everyone would have died! 

His ownership is full of negligence. Smothered in it. Like a Dad whose kids are hungry but instead of cooking them something nice and healthy he just takes them for yet another McDonald's. 

I fully expect Lerner to wait until we're back in the PL and go from there.

When we go down i don't expect us to come back up. We have no ambition! Lerner has tried running a Premier league club like a Championship club, so when we go down i fully expect the purse strings to be tightened even more! As i keep saying this is the richest era of football and to be making loses just shows how poor this bloke is making business decisions! I think he would struggle to run a bath!!

48 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Someone not willing to give their house away for free isn't desperate to move? What a ridiculous thing to say. Youre just posting for effect now. Need to ignore this nonsense.

I didn't say give it away for free.

Lerner/the club have to do something about the current situation.

Either roll over and die or back Garde to either sort this mess out now or give him the necessary to ensure a straight return to the Prem in 2017/2018.

But doing nothing is what he does best.

Â