The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Even if there is a statement it isn't going to contain anything of use to anyone. They may as well not bother, except that will only increase the pressure that theres no communication from the club and the ownership is distant.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So even the threat of protest has gotten him rattled.

"Pointless" my arse.

Maybe, but it's hard to say for sure what has prompted this statement. Perhaps it has been on the cards for a number of weeks, or it's in response to the game on the weekend, or the fans arguing with Richards/shouting abuse at the players as they boarded the bus, or there's some news to tell us, or it's just a total coincidence.

Or maybe it is because of the protest. 

Who knows, really. 

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I wouldn't hold out too much hope on that front... In fact, I wouldn't hold out any hope of that, because that isn't going to be what this statement will be about.

You could probably cobble the statement together now actually...

'We're disappointed at the position the club finds itself in'
'Remi has clubs backing'
'We will invest this window to improve the side'
'We have contingency for going down'
'Understand and share frustrations'
'Continue to hold discussions about future of the club and investment'.

Etc.

Along with some references to Google to make us all think he is oh-so-cultured.

So even the threat of protest has gotten him rattled.

"Pointless" my arse.

Maybe, but it's hard to say for sure what has prompted this statement. Perhaps it has been on the cards for a number of weeks, or it's in response to the game on the weekend, or the fans arguing with Richards/shouting abuse at the players as they boarded the bus, or there's some news to tell us, or it's just a total coincidence.

Or maybe it is because of the protest. 

Who knows, really. 

Sure, agree it could be any of the above. But even if there's only a 1% chance it is because of the threat of protest, because of the shouty bus guy or Richards blowing his top, all of it is/was worthwhile. ANYTHING that rattles his cage at this point is a bonus. ANYTHING that makes him a more enthusiastic seller. Because we've a limited amount of time left before the summer and we should be taking advantage of the fact that our season is over already.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, useless said:

So looks like it'll just be a few words on our position, in terms of how poor we're doing, and not any actual news.

' “At some point it is important that the Aston Villa voice for now is not only mine.” '

Birmingham Mail.

Just a forced reassurance of usual bollocks, nothing new confirmed.

So looks like it'll just be a few words on our position, in terms of how poor we're doing, and not any actual news.

' “At some point it is important that the Aston Villa voice for now is not only mine.” '

Birmingham Mail.

Just a forced reassurance of usual bollocks, nothing new confirmed.

Those are Rémi Garde's words.

Â