The Randy Lerner thread

CI

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Here's link to article he is also talking about Randy (So hope this is right thread to put the article in?)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6841548/General-Charles-Krulak-says-Aston-Villa-will-summon-the-spirit-of-the-US-Marines-to-escape-the-drop.html

• Like 1

I find this really hard to say but... I hardly care anymore - so Randy wins. He can keep raping my club, after all it no longer has an identity and I don't recognise it as my club anymore. He might as well continue with the cuts and take us down another level, after all as soon as we go down the cuts will once again come thick and fast. Thanks for killing my club and my passion Randy. Not that you care but I hate your **** guts you coward of a man.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

My main heart break about Villa getting relegated is my young boy.  He is now 3 coming 4 and is just starting to get interested in football.  There is no way he is going to be interested in Villa playing the likes of Rotherham when his mates teams are playing Man utd and Arsenal every week.  Soul destroying it is.  I will try but i think i'll be fighting a loosing battle.

I was born in 1972 and I turned out OK.  Get him a kit and a villa ball and he will be fine + take him on a tour of the ground,  I have pictures of me holding the European cup for example.

I started going with my dad at around 4-5 years old.  So around 1977,  no one could have predicted what happened 5 years later.

Sell it as a David vs Goliath situation maybe, which essentially what football is based on these days.  Kids love an underdog story (Eg.  Finding Nemo)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DK82 said:

I find this really hard to say but... I hardly care anymore - so Randy wins. He can keep raping my club, after all it no longer has an identity and I don't recognise it as my club anymore. He might as well continue with the cuts and take us down another level, after all as soon as we go down the cuts will once again come thick and fast. Thanks for killing my club and my passion Randy. Not that you care but I hate your **** guts you coward of a man.

Well this is all rather silly isn't it? :wacko:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eames said:

Well this is all rather silly isn't it? :wacko:

Not really

its a sign of hurt

our rize from div3 till title winners & european cups winners gave me the feeling that walking to Villa park every second week and away trips to colxhester tranmere torquay and the like was worth putting my heart and soul into AVFC

what RL has done/continues to do is enough to break any fans heart

• Like 1

Also, regarding the "we will spend less if the stadium is empty" argument - gate receipts are a drop in the ocean nowadays for a Premier League football club.

Barring away fans, we probably take 10k tops a game of non-season ticket holders. At an average of £20 a ticket, with many of them being kids, that's £200,000 - i.e. 2.5 weeks wages for a now injured substitute (Adama).

TV deals make gate receipts virtually meaningless, which is why I don't understand why the max anybody pays isn't £20 when we could do with the atmosphere, but that's another point.

Empty Villa Park.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Not really

its a sign of hurt

our rize from div3 till title winners & european cups winners gave me the feeling that walking to Villa park every second week and away trips to colxhester tranmere torquay and the like was worth putting my heart and soul into AVFC

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Man, you really don't like Tim Sherwood, do you? I am somewhat baffled by this apparent, enduring animus, which perhaps I'm misapprehending?

A big mouthed show off who took the praise when it was good, and blamed others when it's bad. Then ran his mouth off to his mates in the media.

whats not to like?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Not really

its a sign of hurt

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Exactly.

I don't think we'll be down in the Championship for long. I really don't. I believe Randy Lerner will be feeling the sting of the relegation process, and he will do everything he can to dig us out. It's a profound humiliation, and he'll either fight it or cash out, but what he won't do is settle for the status quo in Div. 2.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

A big mouthed show off who took the praise when it was good, and blamed others when it's bad. Then ran his mouth off to his mates in the media.

whats not to like?

Here we go again ... no thanks. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marka Ragnos

29 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Man, you really don't like Tim Sherwood, do you? I am somewhat baffled by this apparent, enduring animus, which perhaps I'm misapprehending?

I don't like him, but my post that you've quoted has nothing to do with whether I liked him or not.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't like him, but my post that you've quoted has nothing to do with whether I liked him or not.

It suggested to me that you see Sherwood as an almost Mephistophelean character, with a kind of outsized power, but it seems I misunderstood! ;)

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It suggested to me that you see Sherwood as an almost Mephistophelean character, with a kind of outsized power, but it seems I misunderstood! ;)

Nope. All I meant was that Sherwood seems to have been absolved by many of any blame for our transfers in the summer, despite the fact he was, by all accounts, a vital part of the team that brought the players in.

People seems to have taken a report in the media as gospel.

Â