The Randy Lerner thread

CI

So it's gonna cost £10m to pay off Lambert.

No it's not
Ohhhh... Yes it is...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the £10m figure is accurate but once again you seem to know the facts so thanks for putting me straight. [emoji6]

if he was due 10m, for 3 years out of a 4 year deal, that'd have him on around 63k a week. on what planet do you think there's a chance we paid paul lambert that kind of money?

So it's gonna cost £10m to pay off Lambert.

No it's not
Ohhhh... Yes it is...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the £10m figure is accurate but once again you seem to know the facts so thanks for putting me straight. [emoji6]

if he was due 10m, for 3 years out of a 4 year deal, that'd have him on around 63k a week. on what planet do you think there's a chance we paid paul lambert that kind of money?
In Randy Lerner land... I wouldn't be one bit surprised. You make it sound like it's impossible that Lerner would be that dumb when in fact he has shown on many occasions that he is an idiot. Edited by Bunnski

Just heard lamberts statement on ssn I am 100% Lerner out now, he made the guys job impossible the penny pinching snake. Lambert was poor but Lerner is something else he is not wanted at our club and to be honest he is not needed im done with him.

I hope that Randy Lerner sits down at times, thinks about the impact he has on other people's lives, and then sheds a tear for the pain and heartache that he causes. A billionaire status does not make you a better person who is free from making mistakes and he certainly makes plenty of those.

With all of the best will in the world, please hurry up and leave our football club so that someone new can come in who genuinely cares and has the club's best interests at heart.

I hope that Randy Lerner sits down at times, thinks about the impact he has on other people's lives, and then sheds a tear for the pain and heartache that he causes. 

Who did he murder? 

• Like 1

It's wishful thinking, but i'm hoping that Lambert being dismissed and the reports that we might be looking at someone already in a job together with the appointment of a CCO, is a sign that the club might have been sold, to be announced in the summer.

Just to clarify, Lambert had a clause in his contract so he gets one years salary as a pay off. We have not paid him £10m, finaly we seemed to have learnt from those mistakes!

Just to clarify, Lambert had a clause in his contract so he gets one years salary as a pay off. We have not paid him £10m, finaly we seemed to have learnt from those mistakes!

It makes the new contract earlier this season far more understandable.

He was contracted to 2016 anyway so even if he'd been sacked now under his original contract, presumably he'd have still been due at least a 12 month pay off.

Essentially, it was probably just a pay rise. And if the job spec that Lambert outlined in his LMA statement is correct then there's a good argument for him deserving it.

It's wishful thinking, but i'm hoping that Lambert being dismissed and the reports that we might be looking at someone already in a job together with the appointment of a CCO, is a sign that the club might have been sold, to be announced in the summer.

I'm not sure about that, but I have a feeling that Randy must be more confident of finding a buyer at his asking price with the new TV deal being announced, hence why he would have gone against plan A and given the green light to Fox to sack Lambert as the club must be even more desperate to stay in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Just heard lamberts statement on ssn I am 100% Lerner out now, he made the guys job impossible the penny pinching snake. Lambert was poor but Lerner is something else he is not wanted at our club and to be honest he is not needed im done with him.

This the same SSN statement where Lambert was told that it would be tough - the toughest gig he would face? Where it was outlined that the wage bill had to be trimmed? Where a younger age to the squad was an imperative? The one where he thanked Randy for his support and friendship?

Lambert's Villa record is in stark contrast to his self belief when he took the job - so much so that he was failing to clear the lowest possible bar set for any manager in this league: Avoid relegation. That's far from impossible and his sacking is well merited.

• Like 2

Â