The Randy Lerner thread

CI

As an overseas supporter,can I ask.How much will Lerner lose if we get relegated ? I mean there are parachute payments for 3 seasons ( I dont know how much that is worth ) How much will he lose in TV money ? Obviously gate money will go down and possibly advertising revenue as well and the Premier League is a richer league as well.

So, the question is, how much ?

Those losses only come home to roost - when the club is sold though. Short term he will balance the books by selling players and recuiting lower earners - a strategy greeted quite enthustically on here a few years back,.....

What I fear is Lerner isn't done with us yet......

The cynic in me thinks he waited for the transfer window to close. To think Rickie Lambert would be on the books if they had it their way, Anyway the appointment will be probably the hugest decision he has made here so far. Needs to get it right.

im sure Rickie Lambert would have done ten times as much as Benteke or Agbonlahor if he was here

The cynic in me thinks he waited for the transfer window to close. To think Rickie Lambert would be on the books if they had it their way, Anyway the appointment will be probably the hugest decision he has made here so far. Needs to get it right.

What IF Lambert had said yes though?

From the Guardian

Having extended his deal to 2018, Lambert, who left Norwich at the end of the 2011/12 season to move to the Midlands, will now be due some compensation, believed to be in the region of £2m.

So that's another big wodge of money down the drain on paying off a failed manager. That new contract signed at the start of the season is gonna go down in history as one of the greatest foot-shooting incidents in Lerner's calamitous reign.

So it's gonna cost £10m to pay off Lambert.

No it's not
Ohhhh... Yes it is...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the £10m figure is accurate but once again you seem to know the facts so thanks for putting me straight. [emoji6]

Â